Friday, August 13, 2010

Hamsters and Salsa

No fighting over "gym" equipment for me, yesterday. I did my "Sweatin' to the Oldies 2" DVD in the comfort of my own home to 3ft's dismay. He goes back and forth on wanting to do it with me or just wanting me to get it over with so he can get back to SpongeBob or Fanboy and Chum Chum (which is the current cartoon bane of my existence). Lucky for him (unlucky for me) we have a DVR so I record whatever he was watching while I workout and he doesn't miss anything.

I keep trying to tell him back in my day we only had tiny black and white televisions that were ran by hamsters and when the hamster got tired you were done watching. He laughs and tells me how silly I am. (I've never had a black and white TV, but I think it's funny anyway).

I made the best dinner last night -- Jamaican Jerk Chicken w/Mango Salsa. I got a lot of requests for the salsa recipe so here it is:

Mango Salsa
Ingredients
1 Mango -- peeled, pitted, and chopped (the more ripe the better)
1 Cup Peaches -- peeled, pitted, and chopped
2 TBS onions -- chopped
*1 TBS jalapeno pepper -- chopped
*1/2 TSP jalapeno juice
1 TSP garlic -- chopped
*1 TSP basil
1 pinch ground ginger
2 TSP lemon juice
1 TSP lime juice
salt to taste

*I don't like cilantro which is why I used basil. Cilantro can be used in place of basil but to taste. And I used only a little jalapeno so 3ft could eat it too, so the salsa isn't very spicy if you like spicier add more jalapeno.

Directions

Combine all ingredients into a bowl, stir, and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes 5, 1/4 cup servings

Calories: 44.9
Total Fat: 0.2 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 1.5 mg
Total Carbs: 11.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
Protein: 0.6 g

Dinner looked so fancy and delicious that I took a picture of it:


--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - Sweatin' to the Oldies 2 -- burning approximately 550 calories

Only Water - Day 61.

Meals:
Breakfast - Cream of Wheat, 1/2 a bite of banana pecan muffin, and 2 sliced bananas (3ft inhaled them)
Lunch - Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich with sauteed mushrooms and onions served with a pickle
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 peanut butter and banana sandwich
Dinner - Jamaican Jerk Chicken w/ mango salsa, grilled zucchini and herb rice.

total calories = approx. 1162
total days = 66
total pounds lost = 24.2

No comments: