Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Why Did I Stop?

Day 2 in a row (woohoo, right?) of getting back into my Wii Fit. I find that if I walk 3ft to school in my workout clothes I'm more apt to do Wii Fit when the Grumpybutt takes his morning nap. All I have to do it lay him down, get out my balance board, and turn on the Wii. Convenience really is MOST of the battle.

Yesterday I did Boxing, Step, Hula Hoop, and some balance games. I can't figure out now why I stopped doing the Wii in the first place. It's totally fun and I absolutely love it. Weird.

I tried a little something different for dinner last night. I had some pork chops and I didn't really know how I wanted them so while I was rooting around in the cupboard/pantry for ideas I ran across maple syrup and figured, what the heck! So I mixed a little maple syrup with chicken broth, yellow mustard (dijon probably would have been more yummy but I don't have any), and some fat free sour cream and reduced it and slapped those chops into it.

They smelled so amazing. And what goes better with pork chops than apple. So I cooked couscous in apple juice to give it a sweet apple-y flavor and it went really well with the chops. It was a definite dinner win because 3ft inhaled his food.

Now I'm bitter. I only made enough for one meal instead of two (which is what I do when I'm inventing so I don't waste food if it turns out nasty) and it was soo good and there were no leftovers.

Maple Glazed Pork Chops and Apple Couscous

Doesn't it look delicious? So much so I couldn't wait til today to post it and already tortured my friends on facebook with it!

It's funny, it seems as if my Sunday fail has given me a fresh burst of incentive and willpower toward my lifestyle change and exercising. So perhaps it was a positive instead of a complete negative.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise -45 minute power walk, 25 minutes of Wii Fit aerobics and games, 15 push ups, and 50 crunches

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 106

Only Water - Day 101

Total Pounds Lost - 40.7

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Honey Clusters w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Granola Bar
Lunch - Cracked Pepper Turkey Sandwich, carrot sticks, and a pickle spear
Mid-Afternoon Snack -1/2 peanut butter and banana sandwich
Dinner - Maple Glazed Pork Chops, Apple Couscous, and broccoli

Total Day Calories - 1087

No comments: