Friday, May 30, 2014

Banana Split Protein Popsicles


I got new popsicle molds! It was totally going to happen as I completely have a popsicle addiction, it was just a matter of time. And that time is now. I got little ring pop molds for the Bear too (perfect kid-sized popsicles on a ring, how awesome is that? Sooooo awesome), I just haven't had a chance to photograph them yet because she has popsicle radar and starts climbing up my leg the second I get them out.

Edit: Derp. Just take a picture of me wearing one.

And what better way to celebrate the maiden voyage of new pop molds but to fill them with banana splits! Everything you love about a banana split down to the chocolate, strawberry, and pineapple topping in one splendiferous popsicle. I know, right? Genius idea. These popsicles are so splendiferously delicious I dare you to try and only eat one. The only way these could possibly be any better is dipped in chocolate. Mmm magic shell, anyone? 

These are a new favorite in our household. 4ft can't get enough of them and Bear growls at hers as she eats it (I'm pretty sure that's a good thing) The banana haters of the house make gross faces but we ignore them because there's something wrong with them anyway. How can you not like banana? 


Banana Split Protein Popsicles

Ingredients
2 cups original Silk soy milk
1 oz package sugar free banana cream pudding
2 scoops unflavored protein powder
2 ripe bananas
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 cup pineapple chunks
2 TBS chocolate milk powder
1 TBS sugar-free chocolate syrup

Directions
1.) Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
2.) Puree pineapple chunks in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
3.) In a blender, combine soy milk, pudding mix, banana, and protein powder. Blend until smooth and ingredients are fully incorporated.
4.) Remove approximately 1/3 pudding mix and put in separate bowl. Add chocolate powder and chocolate syrup and stir until fully mixed. Set aside.
5.) Layer popsicle molds with a layer of banana pudding, chocolate mix, banana pudding, strawberry, banana pudding, pineapple, banana pudding, chocolate mix, etc... until mold is filled. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
6.) Enjoy!

** As with all my popsicle recipes this made a lot. I filled 6 full sized molds, 6 ring pop sized, and had some left over to freeze in a bowl and when it was soft serve consistency, I poured some granola on it and devoured it (there wasn't enough to fill my star molds so I just ate it instead)

No comments: