Friday, May 9, 2014

Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles


I'm going to have to get more popsicle molds. I have all these popsicle ideas whizzing around my brain and not enough molds to hold them. For reals.

Of course, I had to do more than one strawberry popsicle -- it is one of my favorite fruits after all. Strawberry cheesecake is definitely in the running for top 5 favorite strawberry desserts so what better way to celebrate a streak of hot days and my love for strawberries (not to mention they needed to get used before they went bad) than to whip together strawberry cheesecake on a stick.

These are splendiferously delicious. I'd probably do the layers thinner next time as to get more strawberry with cheesecake together action or perhaps even do it as a swirl (which I did with the leftovers and ate as a parfait), but even with the fatty stripes they were still devourable. 4ft really loved these as well but I'm pretty sure if it comes out of a popsicle mold he'd love it.

I really like protein popsicles because it's a great treat, packed with protein, and while they're filling, they're still super easy on the stomach. I wish I'd thought of these when I'd been in the early stages of my bariatric diet and was so tired of pudding and yogurt. So hopefully someone in those stages and equally sick of pudding and yogurt will stumble across this blog and see these. 




Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Popsicles

Ingredients
4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/4 Original Silk soy milk
3 TBS sugar free french vanilla syrup
1 5.3 oz container vanilla Greek yogurt
1 scoop of unflavored protein powder
2 cups hulled strawberries
2 TBS Splenda 

Directions
1.) In a blender, combine cream cheese, soy milk, SF vanilla syrup, yogurt, and protein powder. Blend on high until full mixed and creamy. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
2.) Add hulled strawberries and Splenda to the blender. (I didn't even bother to wash it out. I'm lazy.) Blend on high until it's turned to a smoothie textured pulp.
3.) Pour layers into popsicle molds alternating between the two mixes. I didn't freeze them between layers -- the mixes were thick enough, it didn't need it.
4.) Freeze for at least 4 hours. Enjoy.

** This makes extra of both cheesecake mix and strawberry mix. I swirled them together, poured into a freezer safe bowl for 1 1/2 hours then topped with half a banana (sliced) and 2 TBS granola and it made an absolutely splendiferous parfait!

7 comments:

becky said...

What an absolutely beautiful recipe, I am European and this is so very healthy. We use the berries all the time in our woman's group.

Here http://recipetoloseweight.blogspot.com/2014/05/women-diet-and-loss-of-30-pounds-with.html

Lisa Dovichi said...

Not only is it so very healthy but it tastes so very UNhealthy!! Like strawberry cheesecake. They are fabulous! Let me know what you think!

Elin said...

Hello!

Your blog has caught our attention because of the quality of the recipes. We would be delighted if you would join us at http://www.mytaste.com/ so that we could link to it.

myTaste.com is a search engine that compiles the best American cooking sites and blogs from the Internet. Several hundred blogs are already enrolled here and are taking benefit from the traffic we are sending to their sites.

To join myTaste, just go to http://www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

Best regards,
Elin
MyTaste.com

Tannie said...

So glad I found your blog it is almost time for me to turn in paperwork for my surgery and your site is a big help

Lucy Lou said...

Do you really need the Splenda in this? Sounds delicious!

Unknown said...

What is the nutritional facts for this. I'm having gastric bypass surgery and are on a strick diet

Unknown said...

What is the nutritional facts for this. I'm having gastric bypass surgery and are on a strick diet