Thursday, June 5, 2014

Pineapple-Ginger Chicken


I had planned on just throwing some barbecue sauce onto a couple chicken breasts and grilling them. Nothing fancy. Super easy. I really didn't feel like cooking anyway and calling for pizza for the family and drinking a protein shake was sounding better and better. Then...

My sister called. She started raving about this Bruschetta Chicken recipe she was going to make and how she'd been marinating grape tomatoes in balsamic and something else since the night before and how fabulous it was going to be. And to top it all off the selfish brat wasn't going to bring me any. Can you believe that? We won't talk about how she lives over an hour and a half away. An awesome sister would've said, "I'm on my way." I don't have an awesome sister. I have a selfish selfish selfish one. So no splendiferous Bruschetta Chicken for me and now just plain ol' barbecue chicken wasn't good enough.

It's all her fault. See what I have to live with?

Unfortunately, I didn't have any of the Bruschetta Chicken ingredients and really it wouldn't have done me any good if I had because the grape tomatoes wouldn't have been marinating overnight to be extra delicious (I'm not bitter) so out of what I had in my fridge and cupboards -- I threw together this chicken dish. And while it's not Bruschetta Chicken, it was pretty splendiferously delicious.

I am still waiting for that Bruschetta Chicken though...



Pineapple-Ginger Chicken

Ingredients
4 - 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts -- sliced thin in strips
1 TBS cornstarch
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup crushed pineapple w/ juice
1 TBS ginger paste
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 TBS soy sauce
2 TBS clover honey
1 tsp olive oil

Directions
1.) Combine cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and ground ginger into a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Shake to mix, add chicken, and then shake to coat chicken completely.
2.) In a medium sized bowl, add pineapple with juice, ginger paste, sesame oil, honey, and soy sauce. Mix well. Set aside.
3.) Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high. When hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat pan. Drop in chicken and cook 5 minutes on each side.
4.) Remove chicken from pan, add pineapple mix. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium and add chicken and cook another 5 minutes for sauce to thicken and glaze and chicken is done.
5.) Enjoy!

No comments: