Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Epic Blonde Fail

So I made Deconstructed Enchilada Chicken -- basically so I could have all the flavor of an enchilada without the tortilla because I don't do processed carbs at night. Lean and Green. It's a rule. Ask Bob, he'll tell you.

Wow, it looks pretty precariously placed on my table -- didn't notice.


Anyways -- it turned out pretty good however it probably would've ACTUALLY tasted like enchilada chicken if I had used the taco seasoning to season the chicken instead of season all salt. Yep, I have big Costco containers of both and genius me didn't actually read the label before applying. I didn't figure it out until after I had the chicken in the oven melting the cheese and was getting out the seasoning to put on the onions I was grilling to put on top. So while it had melty cheese and enchilada sauce -- it didn't really taste like it. *sigh* I'll have to try it again sometime but hopefully without the epic blonde moment.

I'm still on my pasta kick.  Here are two of my latest creations:

Zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, turkey meatballs, grated garlic, and twirly wheat pasta! Delicious!


Cabbage, zucchini, mushroom, onions, grated garlic, shrimp, and twirly wheat pasta in a Cajun sauce! Super Delicious.


No comments: