Monday, August 13, 2012

Finished!

Yesterday I finished my "Sugar and Spice" Christmas story and sent it to my editor. My editor. I love the way that sounds. (Eventually I promise I'll be more cool about this, I swear.) This morning I heard from my editor. She loved it. Sure she had some minor tweaks, a few deletes, and a couple add-ins, but all in all she thought it was a solid story. So I tweaked, deleted, and added in and the story is much better now! I love the editing process. So because I'm a freak, and excited, and because it's a children's story so it's not a TON of words. I was able to send it back to her today with the edits. Here's hoping we're gold so I can start drawing. I really want to bring it to life!

It's funny. The story that got me where I am, Pumpkin Pizza (dedicated to 4ft, of course), is coming out 5th, for sure, possibly 6th in the series (if I can get my butt in gear and get ahead of my publishing schedule and we can work another one in). But it needed a major rewrite to be for Thanksgiving -- and I wanted to make sure I had enough time to rewrite and illustrate so we decided a Christmas story would be better to give me more time to get things done. The great thing about this series is that you can really read them in any order so that is awesome too.

I had two splurge meals this week. I'm such a bad egg. Yesterday, we had to pick up 4ft from my parents' (he stayed with them over the weekend to have some one-on-one time with them) and we went to dinner with them. We went to Olive Garden. I had like a piece and a half of Chianti Beef -- which was okay but would probably never order again -- and a lot of salad. Did the dressing on the side and didn't eat a lot of it. The upside and the downside of it is the scale didn't budge -- but that's okay too.

I'm going to make deconstructed Chicken Enchilada for dinner tonight. I'll post pics and how it was tomorrow.


No comments: