Friday, July 16, 2010

Changing Up.

Last night, I tried something a little different. I didn't feel like doing my Wii Fit and it was like 2000 degrees in my house (my a/c leaves A LOT to be desired). So, I got on my workout clothes and went to my complex's gym. Well first I had to get the map of the complex out and find the gym on it (we've lived here for almost a year and I couldn't remember where it was from our original tour) and then I went.

Of course it's on the completely other side of the complex from where my apartment is located. But, you know, that works because then I have an extra warm up and cool down for the walk to and from.

It was actually busy last night, but I was able to grab a stationary bike and ride like the wind (well minus the wind as I was indoors). It was actually fun. I pushed myself harder because there were other people working out. I'd forgotten how much I like working out around others. So I think I might incorporate more trips the the gym room in with the Wii Fit and the C25K training (which I'm doing again tonight).

My legs don't really hurt today but dear lord is my butt sore. Do they purposefully make bike seats that uncomfortable or what?

Last night I tried out a new recipe for Pseudo Beef Wellington (which really just pretty much turned out to be like mini meatloaves inside of a crust which is why 3ft insisted on calling them meat pies. Which made me snicker because it made me feel like Mrs. Lovette). Some people have shown an interest in them so as promised here's the recipe.

Pseudo Beef Wellington

Ingredients
(meat filling)
1 lb 93% lean ground beef
1 tbs chopped garlic
1 tsp fennel
3 tbs chopped onion
1 tbs chopped garlic
1 egg (beaten)
1 tbs worcester sauce
1 tbs dried parsley
1 tbs garlic salt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

(dough)
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg (beaten)
1/3 Cup non fat milk (warm)
2 tsp butter
1/8 tsp vinegar
2 tbs butter

Directions
(meat)
1.) in a large bowl combine all meat ingredients together and mix thoroughly. Set aside.

(dough)
1. Sift 1 1/2 cups flour with salt onto a clean surface and make a well in the center. Add beaten egg mixed with 1/3 cup warm milk, 2 teaspoon melted butter and vinegar into center of the well.

2. Combine the ingredients quickly with your fingers, working from the outside of the well, and when it is mixed, knead the dough until the dough is pliable and silky and no longer sticks to the counter. Brush the surface of the ball with melted butter and cover the dough with a warm bowl and let it rest 30 minutes to 1 hour.

3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

4. Roll it out on the counter as thin as possible. Begin to stretch the dough gently from the center out, trying not to tear it. It should stretch to about 1 yard square. A heavier edge of dough or a border will develop as you work, and whatever remains of this must be cut off with a knife before the filling is spread or the pastry rolled up.

5. Cut dough into 8 equal sections and fill pastry with 8 equal servings of meat mixture and fold over -- pinching up all the sides

6. Brush the surface with melted butter and bake 20 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 and brush again with melted butter. Bake for about 10 minutes longer or until browned.



8 servings

Calories: 235.7
Fat: 6.2g
Carbs: 19.8g
Protein: 19.5g

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - Exercise bike at an average of 13.5 mph for 33 minutes -- burning approximately 650 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water -- day 33 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - Cream of Wheat and sliced strawberries, blueberries, and bananas.
Lunch - my version of a Maui Zaui Pizza
Mid-Afternoon Snack - Ritz Reduced Fat Crackers w/ turkey and cheese
Dinner - Pseudo Beef Wellington and green beans
Evening Snack - some Frosted Mini-Wheats no milk

total calories = approx. 1413
total days = 38
total pounds lost = 14.4

No comments: