Monday, September 27, 2010

2 Day Catch Up!

I was crazy busy yesterday. I totally spaced blogging completely. Bad, Lisa. Bad.

So to catch up:

On Saturday, I roasted a whole chicken!! I'm so proud of myself. It turned out so beautiful and was so moist and delicious. I stuffed the cavity with a whole bulb of garlic and one whole lemon. Then I did many wrong things to the bird when I separated the skin from the breast and slathered the flesh with rosemary, thyme, basil, and garlic infused olive oil. Then I slathered the skin with the same mixture (my husband loves the skin -- I don't eat it... blech!). I cut up some potatoes, onions, and added baby carrots around the bird, then I popped it in the oven for an hour.
Oven Roasted Rosemary Garlic Chicken and Vegetables



It was a huge hit with the family. 3ft loves to eat meat off the bone and my husband hates to and will only eat white meat but loves the skin. So I was able to slice the breast off w/ skin for the hubs and give my son a chicken leg and everyone was happy!! 3ft even ate all his veggies too. I was so proud. It made enough for us all to have another exact serving as is for dinner and enough left over to make barbecue pulled chicken sandwiches for lunch. I love meals that stretch like that and are versatile!

On Sunday, I made Cinnamon Sugar Cookies. A sugar cookie with a little cinnamon mixed in the dough, then rolled in cinnamon and raw sugar, then baked. I made them for my sister's boyfriend's birthday. He said they tasted like Cinnamon Toast Crunch in milk and he meant that in the most awesome way possible. In other words he LOVED them. Well 3ft wouldn't let me give them all to Daniel, so I kept a few home. And with those we created --

Cinnamon Sugar Cookie S'mores



They are super delicious and take my 84 calorie for 2 cookies and become 128 calories for a sandwich. I used Nutella (I have mentioned how much I love Nutella, right? So much so, it should be illegal) and Marshmallow Creme (which is ambrosia, really) to turn it into a S'more. It's the best thing since sliced bread.

I also went to Red Lobster yesterday for lunch. I was so proud of myself. Instead of getting the all-you-can-eat shrimp (which I could've done some MAJOR damage too), I got Wood Grilled Shrimp, Scallops, and Chicken w/ Rice Pilaf and Broccoli. I only ate 1/2 the entree. I only had ONE cheese biscuit thingy (which I absolutely LOVE), and then a salad w/ their light balsamic vinaigrette. I totally stayed within my calorie range for the day and felt super good about it!

And on to what some of you may have been waiting for. How much weight did I lose last week? I'm sad to report that while the scale only dropped a pound (one pound is better than no pounds), my clothes are much looser and I was able to put on my shorts without unbuttoning and unzipping them. Which was a first for this particular pair.

I'm also stoked to announce: I AM PRE PREGNANCY WEIGHT!!! WAHOOOO!! Now some of the clothes I wore before I got pregnant I can't breathe in when I put them on (thank you very much Mr. Grumpybutt for giving me more work to tone up my gut) but I lost the 42 lbs I gained with my pregnancy!!! I'm totally bouncing on Cloud 9.

Okay I think I caught you up on my weekend. I'm so sorry I spaced blogging yesterday. I'll see you tomorrow.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise -Day Off

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 111

Only Water - Day 106

Total Pounds Lost - 41.7

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Honey Clusters w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - (didn't have)
Lunch - Red Lobster 1/2 entree of Wood Grilled Scallops, Shrimp, and Chicken w/ rice pilaf and broccoli. I had most of one cheese biscuit and a salad with balsamic vinaigrette w/out croutons.
Mid-Afternoon Snack -(didn't need)
Dinner - Grilled Chicken Salad w/out cheese and croutons w/ balsamic vinaigrette

Total Day Calories - 1159 (approximately)

1 comment:

Turkey said...

Yum! I tried roasting a whole chicken once. I was grossed out by the uncooked bird, the smell, the gooey juices, pulling out the giblets (Which I love in gravy, but not slimy inside the bird) etc.. etc.. So I usually pick up one from our local health food market, take it home and reheat it. (Because they never seem completely cooked in the market) Then it is a week of chicken sammiches, enchiladas and chicken soup. *Slurp* For Thanksgiving, I usually just buy a turkey breast since it is only the four of us. Someday I'd like to get a smoker... nothing beats a smoked turkey!!