Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sweat and Noms

(My blog title is cracking me up, but I digress...)

Yesterday, I decided it was time to kick my exercise up a notch.

When I got home from dropping 3ft off at school and after I got the Grumpybutt down for his nap, I dusted off the Wii Fit and did 20 minutes of strength training and yoga (Who ever invented the plank needs to boiled in a vat of acid -- just saying) and then I jogged around my apartment for 20 minutes while I watched cooking shows. After Mr. Grumpybutt woke up from his nap, we went for our 45 minute power walk before picking up 3ft from school.

It felt great.

Then in the afternoon I baked chocolate swirled banana muffins (for the lovely Janna Q) and stuck them in the freezer. Of course 3ft and I had to split one to make sure we wouldn't be poisoning the lovely Janna Q. Which means I'll be baking another batch today because Oh. My. God. were they DELICIOUS!! and I have to replace the one in Janna's dozen and then have some for 3ft and I to munch on.



And for those of you keeping score at home (or wondering) I've been making my own almond milk once a week since I started making it. I've yet to mix other flavors in. I like it plain. One of these days I'm going to get around to blending in a banana and seeing how delicious that is but who knows when that'll be. I've also been pimping out the benefits and the recipe for it since I've started drinking it. I love the almond milk. I especially love cooking and baking with it. It cuts out so much fat and calories and doesn't change the integrity of the dish I put it in. Go, Almond Milk!

I'm totally proud of myself. The old Lisa would've had a fail day like Sunday and said, "Screw it!" and had a few more fail days -- or a months worth of fails riding the shame roller coaster before sucking it up and getting back on track. The new Lisa didn't do that. I didn't berate myself. I didn't ride the shame spiral. I just dusted off my pants and got back to work. Which is the major difference between dieting and healthy living. Splurges happen. If you diet, you hate yourself when you slip but when you live healthily you know it happens and you just shrug the slip off and keep on working toward your goals.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise -45 minute power walk, 20 minutes strength training and yoga, and jogged around my apartment for 20 minutes.

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 105

Only Water - Day 100

Total Pounds Lost - 40.7

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Honey Clusters w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Granola Bar
Lunch - Cracked Pepper Turkey Sandwich, carrot sticks, and a pickle spear
Mid-Afternoon Snack -1/2 peanut butter and banana sandwich, and 1/2 a chocolate swirled banana muffin
Dinner - Milanese Chicken and Oriental Noodle Salad

Total Day Calories - 1088

1 comment:

Turkey said...

You are doing awesome! And Janna Q. is a lucky person!! :)