Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Turkey Genius!

I got this great idea from my friend Turkey's blog, "Building Character" for Pizza Pitas. I took her idea and ran with it. I didn't have pita bread but I do have a ton of Orowheat Sandwich Thins so instead of pitas I made the individual sized pizzas with the Thins (I have previously mentioned how much I love the Thins haven' t I? Let me take this moment again to say I seriously heart them, a lot). What I especially love about the individual pizzas is we all get to have what we want as all of us really like different things.

3ft loves cheese and pepperoni. Husband loves enough garlic to ward off vampires for 1000 miles, cheese, pepperoni, and mushrooms. And I love vegetarian and Hawaiian. So I chopped up a lot of veggies, we bought some pepperoni, canadian bacon, and mozzarella cheese and then everyone made their own.



I took the Orowheat Sandwich Thins and opened them up so there were two halves. So we each got two pizzas. 3ft especially loved making his. He is still talking about it today. Husband and 3ft made two each of their favorite and after they inhaled them they then split another Thin so they each had 3 individual pizzas. I just made my two: one veggie w/ zucchini, mushrooms, orange and red bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes and one Hawaiian w/ canadian bacon, onions, tomatoes, and pineapple.

Let me just say they were DELICIOUS! We are all looking forward to making them again. We stuck them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 8 - 10 minutes and let all the toppings cook, the cheese melt, and the "dough" to get crispy. The best part. Both my pizzas together = 242 calories.

We used 2% Milk Mozzarella Cheese and Light No Sugar Added Ragu Tomato and Basil spaghetti sauce.

Orowheat Sandwich Thin Individual Pizzas


I've got to say it again: The Turkey is a genius. THANKS!!!

I'm also excited to report that I heard back from my friend, Laura (the one who made the Moroccan Chicken and Almond Couscous recipe), she said her family loved it and her baby (she'll always be a baby to me, the li'l cutie) ate it too. So I'm totally on Cloud 9. However, I'm also nervous again because my friend, Anima, is making the Tilapia and Black Bean Salsa tacos tonight so I'm really hoping she likes it!

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - Took it easy (I think I'm coming down with the kids' colds).

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 91

Only Water - Day 86

Total Pounds Lost - 35.2

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Honey Clusters w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Chocolate and Oats Granola Bar
Lunch - Cracked Black Pepper Turkey Sandwich (Hallelujah!!! The Rotisserie is gone!), red bell pepper strips, carrots, and a pickle spear
Mid-Afternoon Snack -Popcorn, chocolate covered almonds, and banana
Dinner - Vegetarian and Hawaiian Individual sized Pizzas

Total Day Calories - 1173

2 comments:

Turkey Girl said...

The best thing about those pizzas, is they are quick and easy.. just like me! (Wait.. that didn't sound right.) Glad you like them!! And thanks for the blog plug!!

Lisa Dovichi said...

Turkey Girl.. *snicker* You crack me up! I loved how fast it was.. it took longer to cut up all the veggies than it did to put it together and bake them. 3ft asked me tonight if we could make them again for dinner. I made him eat Chicken Milanese, herb pasta, and broccoli instead. Poor abused baby.