Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Flying Solo

Yesterday was pretty uneventful, unless you call having NO WATER all day long exciting. They shut off the water to my building around 9 am yesterday and I didn't get it back until about 5. Luckily, since I drink a lot of water I had a couple of jugs in the fridge to tide us over until we got our water back on. But, boy was it annoying!

I've upped my crunches and push ups. I'm not doing 100 crunches twice and 25 push ups twice a day. So I'm pretty proud of that. I'm hoping it's making a big impact on my waist (measuring for the month is coming up pretty soon) and doing something for my arms.

I made Peanut Butter and Banana muffins w/ peanut butter glaze. They turned out really good. 3ft loves them and my husband took a bunch to work today. So we'll see if others like them too. I wish I lived closer to any friends and family so I could pawn off some of these baked goods too.

I'm trying something new to see if I'm ready for it. I don't want to log calories and fat for the rest of my life. So I'm going to go it on my own without Sparkpeople.com tracking my intake and see if I'm ready to go it on my own. I've been living the healthy lifestyle now for almost 5 months so time to see if I can fly solo. If not, no big deal, I just start tracking again.

The only thing I use Sparkpeople for is keeping track of the calories I eat like a "food diary". They have a really great site with a lot of inspiration, forums, exercises, custom diets, and a huge food database to record your food intakes. When you're just starting out I definitely recommend them to start tracking what you're doing to help you get in the healthy lifestyle habits you want to achieve.

I think I've made my healthy living habitual so now let's see how I do without the "food diary". So I'm not counting calories anymore other than on labels or to figure out whats in my recipes so I can still stick to portion control. Because I feel that's the cornerstone of healthy living.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 45 minute power walk, 200 crunches, and 50 push ups.

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 119

Only Water - Day 114

Total Pounds Lost - 43.9

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Honey Clusters w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Granola Bar
Lunch - Ham Sandwich, sweet pickle, and carrots with hummus
Mid-Afternoon Snack -Peanut Butter and Banana Muffin w/ Peanut Butter Glaze and some apple chips
Dinner - last of the Lasagna and a salad

2 comments:

June Kramin said...

Keep it up, lady! Don't know why I had to re-sign up... I was sure I was subscribed here... hmmm *ponders*

Lisa Dovichi said...

Don't look at me! I heart my stalker bug! I would never unsubscribe you!!! *smooches*

Give John Sandford a kiss for me!! (as if you need the encouragement or the excuse to kiss him more! LOL)