Friday, October 15, 2010

Willpower for the Win!

I have to brag for a second about my willpower yesterday. One of our neighbors gave the boys push up ice cream pops. 3ft inhaled his and Mr. Grumpybutt pretty much just played with his and got it all over us. But the whole time he was sort of eating it and getting it everywhere, although I was tempted to "help" him eat it, I didn't take a single lick.

You see, I'd already had my sweets for the day and didn't feel like I needed more. Plus, I really wasn't hungry. It's empowering to eat only when I'm hungry and not just because it's there. Moments like that one make me realize I have changed my lifestyle and believe that I can keep doing this forever. It's a fabulous feeling. I'm still reveling in it.

I also realize how much more energy I have. Sure, by the time I get the kids in bed and relax for the night, I'm exhausted. But during the day, I'm up and down and all around. Doing laundry, cleaning the house multiple times because my children insist on messing it up, I'm doing dishes, sweeping, and finding the time to rough house with my kids. It's funny because when the Husband gets home from work we catch up on our days and he always says how much more busy mine is.

I'd gotten chicken out for dinner, but because we ended up playing outside for so long (yes, I couldn't get enough of the adult interaction with the neighborhood moms), I ended up making breakfast for dinner instead of something fabulous with poultry. It worked out. 3ft really likes breakfast foods and my mom had made homemade fig jam so I totally had a bit on my english muffin. I was in jam heaven.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 30 minute walk, 250 crunches, and 60 push ups.

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 129

Only Water - Day 124

Total Pounds Lost - 48

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Honey Clusters w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Granola Bar
Lunch - Tuna Risotto, collard greens, and mushrooms
Mid-Afternoon Snack - cinnamon sugar cookie, cranberry scone, tea w/ vanilla creamer, 5 chocolate covered almonds
Dinner - scrambled eggs and a whole grain english muffin with homemade fig jam.

No comments: