Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Report #2

Sorry about missing Sunday but holy moly I was busy this weekend. I left the house early yesterday morning and didn't get home til late and man was I beat.

On Saturday, I had 2 sick kids. 3ft had pneumonia and Grumpbutt had a cold. So that pretty much sucked up my day except for doing laundry and baking Cinnamon Mini Coffee Cakes for my brother-in-law's birthday.

Saturday was also my sister's birthday which we celebrated on Sunday with a family get together. I made her Triple Chocolate Brownies which she assures me she loves as well as got her a hand mixer -- she's getting into cooking. I like having something in common with her again.

We went to Applebees for her birthday dinner so our mom could buy her a drink. She just turned 12 (although she keeps trying to say it's 21 but I refuse to believe I'm that old). I got the Oriental Chicken Salad with Grilled chicken and I ordered it with the dressing on the side. Well. I got dressing on the side alright along with it swimming in dressing. When I asked what happened with the dressing being on the side the waitress looked at me like I was stupid and said it's right there. So, apparently I was specific enough that I didn't want ANY dressing on my salad, I wanted to do it myself. I was too hungry and tired of fighting with the misunderstanding waitress that I just ate it. WAY. TOO. MUCH. DRESSING. C'est la vie. Next time I'll be more explicit I guess. Although I'm not sure how.

I also had a few bites of birthday cake. It was pretty delicious with butter cream frosting -- my favorite. So, aside from the salad dressing incident the day went pretty good. And it was nice to hang out with my sister and her boyfriend. I don't get to see them very often.

*drum roll* As to how much weight I lost last week. Well, I lost 1 pound. With Halloween candy around, the extra baking, the horrible weather, birthdays, and sick kids I'll take 1 pound. Could've been worse. Could've been no pounds or gained pounds -- so I'm a happy camper. I've lost nearly 55 lbs total.

The highlight of the weekend: my sister told me my jeans made my butt look great. And that I was getting so skinny. Have I mentioned how much I love my sister?

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 152

Total Pounds Lost - 54.9

4 comments:

Turkey Girl said...

Aww!! You have a sweet sis!! And she is right, you butt does look great... *looks*... yup!

:)

Susana & Chris said...

I don't know what fantasy land you live in that Tiny is 21. As if!

Lisa Dovichi said...

Turkey -- Is it wrong that I've been checking out how small it's getting in the mirror? LOL My husband walks around calling me, "Skinny."

Nunan -- I keep telling Tiny she's NOT 21 but she keeps insisting that she is, all 5 ft 10.5 inches of her!

BeckyNeighbor said...

Wow. I'm not sure what world that waitress lives in, but normally when you ask for dressing on the side it ONLY comes on the side. Seriously.

Good job, though! Almost 55lbs is awesome!