Monday, November 22, 2010

Whole Lotta Bakin' Going On...

So the Spiced Eggnog that I invented yesterday turned out pretty amazing. It was super thick (too much flour I think) so I thinned it out with a little more almond milk and now it's the perfect consistency and perfectly delicious. 3ft likes it too. He calls it "Cinnamon Milk" and he didn't like store bought eggnog. So I don't know if that means mine is super great or it doesn't taste anything like eggnog. But that's what I'm calling it, it has eggs in it so that makes it eggnoggy enough for me. (It's brown instead of white because I put cinnamon and vanilla in it -- next time I'm going to use cinnamon extract which is clear and that might make it more the right color.)

I made Parmesan Herb Challah Bread today. It was totally fun to make. After it rises twice you cut it into six equal pieces and then braid it. It looks so fancy. I'm very proud of it. I haven't eaten any yet because I'm saving it to make small finger sandwiches for Thanksgiving appetizers. The one on the left is going to be black forest ham and provolone and the one on the right is going to be roast beef and provolone. Mmm mmm good.

I also knocked out the 1 dozen hard boiled eggs that I'm making 2 dozen deviled eggs out of. I peeled, cut, and made the guts and then stuck them separately in the fridge to assemble the morning of. I have to do a lot of what I'd normally do on Wednesday early because my husband signed me up to make Pumpkin Pizzas for his work party on Wednesday. So I'll be baking those that day and then running off to a party.

Let's see, what else? I worked out today. I jogged for 45 minutes then did 250 crunches and 50 push ups. I don't expect to lose any weight this week but I'd really like to not gain any either. Mostly, though, I'm not worried about it. I'm going to ENJOY Thanksgiving and all the food I'm making.

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 166

Total Pounds Lost - 58.3

Meals:
Breakfast - FiberOne Honey Clusters w/ homemade almond milk
Morning Snack - (early lunch)
Lunch - Roast beef sandwich, grapes, and carrots
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 peanut butter sandwich and tried my homemade eggnog
Dinner - Spaghetti

1 comment:

Turkey said...

Mmm!! Love Deviled Eggs! That nog sounds yummy too! Hope you have a wonderful Turkey Day!!