Thursday, January 30, 2014

Kickin' Chicken with Honey

 

This recipe was inspired by 4ft (my 9-year-old) who loves dipping chicken in honey. So as I was digging around the cupboard for the chili powder, I saw the honey and thought it'd be fun change to glaze the chicken with it. Plus, hello sweet with a little spice kick is always delicious. I figured I couldn't lose. I was right -- it had just the right amount of kick with a sticky sweet glaze. The eaters of the family loved it (Grumpers never eats anything).


Kickin' Chicken with Honey

Ingredients
1 TBS garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp smoky paprika
1/8 tsp black pepper
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut in halves)
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup + 2 TBS honey (divided)

Directions
1.) Preheat broiler
2.) Combine garlic powder through black pepper in a gallon Ziplock bag. Add chicken and shake your groove thing until chicken is completely coated.
3.) In a small bowl, measure 1/4 cup honey.
4.) Place chicken on a wire rack on a foil lined cookie sheet and spray tops with olive oil (have I mentioned I love my Misto?)
5.) Broil chicken for 7 minutes then flip and broil the other side for 7 minutes.
6.) Turn chicken again and brush half the honey on and broil for a minute glazing the honey. (mmm mmm good)
7.) Flip the chicken and brush the other half of the honey and broil for a minute.
8.) Remove from heat and let rest for a couple minutes. Drizzle with remainder 2 TBS honey, serve, and eat!

Nutrition Info per Serving (makes 6 servings)
Calories: 180
Protein: 26
Fat: 2
Carbs: 17
Sugar: 16

1 comment:

Kerstin said...

Love this idea. Can't wait to try it!