Saturday, February 1, 2014

Protein Waffles

Oh. Em. Bee. People. 

These are epically delicious! Seriously. They didn't need the berries on top and 4ft ate them plain. He's a syrup MONSTER and he ate. them. plain. He also took the rest of the batch to school for his snack and asked me to make them again tomorrow. No problemo kid. They rock so hard I was sad I couldn't shove another bite into my stomach. I swear to bob they have the consistency of a real waffle but are so much better for you and just bursting with flavor. 



Protein Waffles

Ingredients
1/4 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sweetener
1/2 banana (mashed)
1 egg
1 (5.3 oz) container of Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt (I used blueberry but I think any flavor would be delicious!)

Directions

1.) Preheat waffle iron
2.) Toss all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whip it, whip it good (channeling my inner Devo -- now the song is stuck in your head too! You're welcome.)
3.) Pour into waffle iron and cook. (I have a belgium waffle iron and I cooked mine on a medium low setting. You might need to experiment with what works for your iron.)
4.) Top with your favorite berries or eat plain -- yes they're that good!

Nutritional Info per Serving (makes 2 servings)
Calories: 176
Protein: 23
Fat: 4
Carbs: 19
Sugar: 8

No comments: