Monday, May 12, 2014

California Chicken Salad


I had a hankerin' for a California Chicken sandwich, you know -- it's just a chicken sandwich but because they put bacon and avocado on it, it makes it Californian and therefore more special or something. Seems silly to call it a California Chicken sandwich when you're in California, right? These are things that I trip on. I know, I'm weird. And I digressed.

I was feeling like a sandwich, but bread and I, while I can eat it, still aren't the best of friends and I didn't feel like dealing with the back pain after eating last night. Weird, right? After I eat certain things my mid back hurts. Does anyone else get that? One of my doctors' said it was because of a sleeve being a high pressure system or something. It's ridiculously painful for about 30 - 45 minutes after I eat. And I digressed again. Sheesh.

Back to not wanting to eat bread (stay on topic, Lisa), I figured making a salad out of the sandwich was the next best thing. The mashed avocado was perfect as a "dressing" so it didn't need any salad dressing and it tasted just like the sandwich. Well, without the bread (duh, right?) anyway. And totally filled a craving without the back pain which made it even more awesome.




California Chicken Salad

Ingredients
1 grilled chicken breast -- chopped
2 TBS crumbled bacon
1 TBS chopped tomato
1/2 cup chopped romaine lettuce
1/2 avocado; mashed

Directions
1.) Put it all together for a delicious salad. Enjoy!

No comments: