Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sticky Chicken


Chicken legs are a favorite in our house. And by our house, I mean 4ft. He loves chicken legs. And these are his favorite. Sweet, tangy, and best of all sticky. And I love that they're seriously easy to throw together and taste like they were major effort. 

As 4ft was devouring his chicken he told me I should make them for Thanksgiving. That's my boy, always thinking ahead. I always start planning holiday meals in summer. What? Everyone does that, right? They don't? What's wrong with you people? It's more fun to start the stressing and food line-up in July. gives you lots of time to tweak on the whole process. I live for food tweaking. Doesn't everyone?

Anyway, So it got me thinking that turkey legs would be awesome roasted in this sauce too. I wonder if you can just buy turkey legs? If not, I wonder how much my family would complain if I roasted the whole bird in this sauce. I bet it would be amazing.

Great, now I want sticky turkey legs. Thanks a lot 4ft! 


Sticky Chicken

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs chicken legs (approx 5 legs)
salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
1/2 cup honey
2 TBS soy sauce
2 TBS ketchup
1 TBS apple cider vinegar
1 TBS minced garlic

Directions
1.) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
2.) Line a large baking dish with aluminum foil (this is for lazy clean up, my favorite) and place chicken legs inside. Salt, pepper, and garlic powder both sides of the chicken legs.
3.) In a large measuring cup, pour 1/2 cup honey and then add soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, and minced garlic.
4.) Microwave for 30 seconds and then mix well.
5.) Pour over chicken.
6.) Bake for 30 minutes (basting chicken in glaze every 10 minutes)
7.) Turn chicken over and bake for another 10 - 15 minutes until glaze is bubbling and thick.
8.) Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
9.) ENJOY!

1 comment:

Katie Duncan said...

Hey Lisa, thanks for sharing this with us. Sticky Chicken indeed looks so delicious and no wonder why almost everyone loves it! Great recipe. Best Bariatric Surgery In India