Wednesday, June 23, 2010

No Sweat.

Yeah right.

I swear strength training knocks me on my ass harder than doing aerobics any day. I did 35 minutes yesterday of Yoga and Strength Training. And while I broke a sweat and felt the burn, my muscles weren't sore.

Well that was yesterday.

Today, my muscles, especially my arms, are sore. I think I hear the mutterings of my planned demise but that could be the heat talking. But I'm glad I'm sore -- it means I did it right and that it will work. I especially love that my tummy muscles are tender because that's one of my main target areas (who am I kidding? My whole body is... but I digress).

So I will happily do my aerobics today and quiet down the rumblings of a muscle revolution. And hope I'm not as sore tomorrow when I do the Yoga and Strength Training routine again.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 35 minutes on the Wii Fit doing strength training and yoga -- burning 197 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water. Day 10 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - piece of toast w/ peanut butter and sliced banana
Lunch - pseudo fried chicken salad and a Gogurt Simple
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 turkey sandwich, pretzels, and sliced strawberries w/ angel food mini-cake
Dinner - london broil, chicken and garlic rice, and broccoli
Evening Snack - 1 cup of Frosted Mini-Wheats

total calories = 1374
total days = 16
total pounds lost = 6.2

3 comments:

Angie said...

I'm a freak. I love that sore muscle feeling the next day. Makes me feel like I did something. ;)

Anonymous said...

At least working out you expect to look sweaty - these stars are having bad sweat days!

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6142955-sweaty-celebrities-hot-stars-caught-dripping

hope the muscles are ok!

Lisa Dovichi said...

Ang -- I'm the same way. They can plot my death all they want but I'm going to abuse them again tomorrow!!!

LOL @ Anon