Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Planning.

I attribute a lot of my success to planning. In the morning I sit down and figure out what I'm going to eat. I add it to my tracking sheet, see how it adds up and then move things around, add something, take something out, depending on what the numbers look like -- and then I stick to it. That way, there's no guess work. I know what I'm going to have and when. So even if I'm hungry I don't graze. I just quickly throw together the meal I planned for that time while chugging water.

This is why on weekends when I don't stay home really jack up my routine.

I can't plan for the day. I can't see my category numbers in the morning and play with my menu. I have to wing it. Make healthier choices. And hope that when I come home and plug in my numbers that it comes out close to what I've allotted myself. On the weekends, I feel like I'm a trapeze artist without a net under me.

So far I haven't plummeted (sticking with the trapeze analogy) and I've been lucky that there were healthy choices to choose when I haven't been home. Sometimes I just want to stay home where I'm in complete control but putting myself in lock down over food isn't really healthy, is it?

Healthy living is just that -- living. So, I chalk up my hands (back to the trapeze analogy), grab my swing, and swing away.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 41 minutes on the Wii Fit -- burning 345 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water. Day 16 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - slice of toast w/ peanut butter and sliced bananas
Lunch - turkey sandwich, pretzels, and a pickle
Mid-Afternoon Snack - sliced strawberries, Simply Gogurt, Pirate's Booty, graham crackers
Dinner - london broil, garlic mashed potatoes, and peas
Evening Snack - 1 cup of Frosted Mini-Wheats

total calories = 1379
total days = 22
total pounds lost = 9.7

No comments: