Monday, June 28, 2010

So Hot.

Yesterday was so freaking hot. It got into the triple digits. I secretly reveled in the heat. I was miserable but sweating felt good -- like working out without having to get off the couch. I don't know. I'm sick I guess. However my infant, Mr. Grumpybutt, HATED it and he demonstrated his name for hours on end and 3 ft could've really cared less. He got to go swimming.

So I spent 4.5 hours at the pool yesterday with 3ft while the Husband and Grumpybutt sweltered in the house (did they have too? No. We have a crappy air conditioner which would've been better than nothing...but I digress.). I spent a few hours in the pool wrestling with the boy child and then the rest cowering in the shade. I SO DID NOT WANT TO LOOK LIKE ERIC STOLTZ FROM MASK AGAIN!!!!

Goal accomplished I barely got sun kissed. I think my sunscreen is total crap though because I kept reapplying it liberally to 3ft and he got a little pink. So, I gotta fix that.

Yesterday also tested my resolve. I took some healthy snacks to the pool for the boy and I and our neighbor friends came along. They had a really super delicious fruit dip to dip strawberries in so I had a little (they twisted my arm really). I really wanted more. The dip was made out of whipped cream cheese and marshmallow creme so you know it was super delicious. But I only had a little bit and didn't go for seconds when offered. Then they brought out homemade chili and gave me some. I only had about 1/2 a cup but it was super delicious and I wanted more, but also didn't.

I justified the tiny splurges with spending about 2+ hours in the pool swimming laps and wrestling with my kid and that burns a lot of calories. Plus, if not for the tiny splurges I might as well call it a diet instead of a healthier lifestyle, right? So I savored the treats and didn't overdo. Which is the key!

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - Swimming (2.5 hours). Drank 12 glasses of water. Day 15 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - eggs and a slice of toast
Lunch - Costco Chicken Caesar Salad (no croutons, no dressing, 1/2 cheese)
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 turkey sandwich, pretzels, strawberries w/ fruit dip, chili
Dinner - Mc Donalds Grilled Chicken Snack Wrap (w/ only 1/2 the tortilla) and Fruit 'N Yogurt Parfait
Evening Snack - 1 cup of Frosted Mini-Wheats

total calories = 1375
total days = 21
total pounds lost = 9.7

No comments: