Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day One.

Awesome Music. Check.
Magic Shoes. Check.
Running Clothes. Check.

I was ready. I loaded my phone's mp3 player with an eclectic mix of music that I love, with upbeat tunes and catchy lyrics. Anything from 80's Madonna, Godsmack, New Order, Stone Temple Pilots, Linkin Park, Offspring, to MxPx. A little bit of everything. And I'm totally bummed I didn't make it through my whole play list. But the list is over 2 hours long so tomorrow I'll just have to skip to the last song I heard yesterday so I can hear more of the list.

So, Day One of the Couch to 5k running program is a brisk 5 minute walk and then jogging and walking in intervals of 60 seconds (jogging) and 90 seconds (walking) for 20 minutes. I started the stopwatch on my phone and started walking, then jogging, then walking and so on. However I didn't plan ahead on where I'd be when the time was up, nor did I turn around halfway so I could end up back at home when I was done.

It wasn't that I didn't think about it -- Believe me I did.

But, I like walking and I had great music. I figured a walk to get back home wouldn't kill me. Besides the street I went down sort of loops around anyway. I ended up being a 10 minute walk from home. But that was totally fine. I put my phone in my pocket (I'd been holding it to keep track of the timing) and then stretched my arms, played air drums, and boogied all the way home.

I was totally energized when I came home (lucky husband -- not like that, perverts). He was playing a video game and I made him stop and visit with me as I bounced off the walls. He was tired, I think I made him more tired.

How'd I do on the jogging portions? Let's just say on the last one I had to keep telling myself it WAS THE LAST ONE! The program really kicked my ass. You never really appreciate how LONG a minute is when you're wishing it was OVER already. But I did every single jogging portion and I jogged every single second of it. I didn't stop the entire time and I kept my walking portions at a fast clip and not a snail crawl.

But even so -- I loved it. I'm definitely going to do it all again tomorrow!

--Previous Day Tracking --


Exercise - Day One of the Couch to 5k running program -- burning approximately 474 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water -- day 30 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - cinnamon vanilla french toast -- topped with sliced strawberries and blueberries
Lunch - my version of a Maui Zaui Pizza
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 peanut butter and banana sandwich
Dinner - London Broil, Parmesan Pasta Boodle, and broccoli
Evening Snack - a few bites of 3ft's Skinny Cow Ice Cream Cone (he loves to share) and some Frosted Mini-Wheats (no milk)

total calories = approx. 1388
total days = 35
total pounds lost = 14.4

No comments: