Monday, July 12, 2010

I Got Magic Shoes.

Okay not really. I was just channeling my inner Forest. "Life is like a box of chocolates..." okay, okay, I'll stop now.

I got new running shoes yesterday in preparation for starting the Couch to 5k running program today. I'm super excited. However, in my fabulous new shoes euphoria I totally forgot to get a stopwatch but my cell phone has a stopwatch feature so I'll see how that goes. Maybe I'll save myself some money -- I already pay for the cell phone after all.

The shoes are new shiny white and in my twisted fashion I can't wait to make them filthy! I can't wait until they're tattered and worn like my old dingy gray workout shoes (they were once shiny white too). I could buy black so they wouldn't look so gross but where's the fun in that? It's like watching the pounds melt away -- you know what you're doing is working. Same concept with the shoes. The dirtier and beat up they look the more you know you're USING them!!!

So I say "bring it" running program. Me and my shiny new magic shoes are going to own you!

--Previous Day Tracking --


Exercise - None -- it was my day off. Drank 12 glasses of water -- day 29 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - eggs, toast, sliced strawberries, blueberries, and sliced frozen bananas
Lunch - Grilled Chicken Salad w/ no cheese or garlic bread (from Denny's)
Mid-Afternoon Snack - Pita Chips and Hummus
Dinner - Crunchy Chicken Taco, refried beans, and spanish rice
Evening Snack - some Frosted Mini-Wheats (no milk)

total calories = approx. 1304
total days = 34
total pounds lost = 12.6

No comments: