Thursday, July 22, 2010

Have Done Worse.

I stress ate yesterday.

There I said it.

Between my monthly visitor (which always seems to make me hungrier than normal) and some stressful phone calls yesterday, I ate just for the comfort of eating. Funny how it's only soothing til you stop and then you feel even worse. Well it could've been worse, I guess -- I was only stress eating healthy foods. So instead of going over by a thousand calories I only went over my snack time calorie intake by 200 calories. I didn't even surpass my calorie ranges for the day. So all in all it wasn't that bad. But I really did overeat and to add insult to injury I was uncomfortably full.

However, I didn't stay down on myself too long. I'm living a healthy lifestyle and into everyone's life a little stress eating must fall. With emphasis on "little". I don't want to do that again for a very long time.

Last night I did Week 2 Day 2 of C25K. And again like last week this one was a little easier than Day 1. I was able to speed up my jogging a little and went 2.15 miles. Last Friday it was 1.79 and on Monday it was 2.0. So I'm getting faster and better. Yay. I really enjoy this program and love to see how it's working. I definitely suggest it to anyone. Even if you hate running (I did too) because it's a lot of fun and you have such a sense of accomplishment when you finish for the day. Not once, did I think last night, I could skip a jog cycle. I just owned them all!

I'm also giddy like a school girl today (I was yesterday too) because three people told me how inspirational I was. One of my friends started C25K yesterday and blamed me for it. One of my friends is doing Wii Fit in the mornings and is blaming me for it too -- she also told me I was motivational. (Not that I'm letting ANY of this go to my head!!). Another friend, she's been on board awhile, and I get to harass her about drinking MORE WATER! (which is an endless source of amusement to me).

It's super exciting to know people are reading my healthy journey ramblings and connecting with it in some way. That it's inspiring them to do something proactive in their lives or it's just a source of amusement. Lord knows, I have my moments. For example, my sister got particular enjoyment out of yesterday's blog. *scowl*

--Previous Day Tracking --


Exercise - Week 2 Day 2 of C25k -- burning approximately 455 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water -- day 39 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - Cream of Wheat, 1/2 cup mangoes, 1/2 cup peaches, 1/2 cup pineapple, and 1/2 a banana
Lunch - Chicken Parmesan Sandwich w/ spinach and tomatoes
Mid-Afternoon Snack - Lemon Angel Food Mini-Cake, Mango Peach Sorbet, Special K w/ milk, pack of 100 calorie right bite fudge grahams, and a handful of Pirate Booty
Dinner - Pork loin and spinach salad

total calories = approx. 1437
total days = 44
total pounds lost = 16

2 comments:

Angie said...

It is totally all your fault. I wouldn't even have heard of it without reading your blog. ;)

Stress has always been my main trigger. When I was married and depressed, and when I got divorced and more depressed, I put on a hell of a lot of weight. I'm bound and determined to get rid of it, though.

Lisa Dovichi said...

Nanner nanner.. I'm a bad influence!! Now don't make me sic Guido on you! :D