Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Never A Dull Moment

For starters. I burnt the crap out of my beautiful Gourmet Veggie Pizza yesterday. I, of course, blame Mr. Grumpybutt for said burning but it was pretty much my own fault. I forgot to turn the burner of the stove off after I sauteed the vegetables. So when I took the pizza out of the oven and put it on top of the stove (so as not to burn my counters) I put it on a hot burner and didn't even know it. I started feeding the baby his bottle and started smelling something burning. I thought smack in my head about my neighbor burning his food (he concocts some of the worse smelling aromas ever to permeate the air). I finished feeding the baby, went into the kitchen, and my pizza was sending out smoke distress signals. Not only did I totally ruin the most delicious looking pizza ever but I could've burnt down my apartment if I'd put anything really flammable on the stove. So instead of vegetable deliciousness for lunch I had a turkey sandwich. Oh. Joy.

And Then...

I started doing strength training again yesterday. I pretty much took the previous week off getting my C25K program down. Now that I've got a routine about the jogging I'm incorporating the strength training again. I've got to try and keep tone while I lose weight so I don't flap in the breeze (that paints a picture doesn't it?). Well, my Wii balance board gave me a ton of crap for not being on it for a week. Yes, it keeps track and then it "gently reminds you" that you can't attain your goals if you don't use it and even if you don't have enough time for a workout you should still do the body test. I think, in hopes, that when you see how fat you still are, you'll find the time to workout.

Well it can shut up. I'm using it again, aren't I? And it's not like I haven't been doing anything the past week, right? (yes I have issues with that little balance board punk.)

And Then...

I go to the gym to workout last night and had the living bejeezus scared out of me. Some guy was in there before me with the lights off riding a stationary bike in the DARK. I didn't hear him when I walked in because I had my headphones on and they were blasting. I walked around the corner to get the bike and screamed -- scaring the crap out of him too, to which I say good riddance.

So not only was he riding the bike I wanted but he scared ten years off the end of my life. I ended up having to ride the crappy stationary bike. I don't know what I did yesterday to piss off my karma but I'm really sorry and I swear I'll never do it again.

--Previous Day Tracking --


Exercise - Stationary Bike for 33 minutes, Strength Training and Yoga on the Wii for 26 minutes -- burning approximately 641 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water -- day 38 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - egg, toast, 1/2 cup mangoes, 1/2 cup peaches, 1/2 cup pineapple, and 1/2 a banana
Lunch - a turkey sandwich w/ sauteed garlic spinach and tomatoes
Mid-Afternoon Snack - Frosted Mini Wheats
Dinner - Pseudo Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn

total calories = approx. 1384
total days = 43
total pounds lost = 14.6

2 comments:

LM Preston said...

If you want to speed up your progress - try px90. I did this for 6 weeks and (nearly killed myself). I'm gearing up for another 12 weeks of it, but am so scared since I haven't worked out in 9 months. Keep up with it, I love seeing other's progress.

Lisa Dovichi said...

Thanks. I'm so out of shape I think I'll stick with this now but I'll definitely look into the px90! :D