Tuesday, July 20, 2010

J E L L - O

I'm made of sterner stuff than jiggling jello (let's face it all girls jiggle when they run). I did Week 2 Day 1 of the C25K yesterday. I was able to totally do it. It kicked my ass and again I thought hey if I don't jog one no one will know except me. I jogged them all. So, it doesn't look like I'm going to have to double up the weeks after all. Go me! This program really does work for anyone.

I've decided to cut my last snack of the day (not sure if I've mentioned this). By the time I get home in the evening from the gym it's almost 9pm. I am totally NOT hungry and it doesn't seem smart to eat that late anyway. So I'm going to up my calories per meal so I don't lose any but am not eating so late.

I read an article that said if you do your workout in the evening you're apt to burn more calories while you sleep. I'm going to keep doing my workouts at night and see how true this might or might not be. We'll see how my weight loss is at the end of the week although this might not be the best week to test it. Yep, I've got a visitor (girls, should know exactly what I'm talking about) and with the accompanying water retention and bloating I might not "lose" any weight this week. So we'll give it a couple weeks to see how it goes.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise -Did Week 2 Day 1 of C25K w/ 10 minute walk -- burning approximately 455 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water -- day 37 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - 1/2 an egg, 1/2 a piece of toast (shared with 3ft), 1/2 cup mangoes, 1/2 cup peaches, 1/2 cup pineapple, and 1/2 a banana
Lunch - a Chipotle Chicken Sandwich and salad w/ balsamic vinaigrette
Mid-Afternoon Snack - (still full from lunch)
Dinner - Chicken Teriyaki Bowl and Egg Roll from Jack in a Box
Evening Snack - (cutting this snack)

total calories = approx. 1308
total days = 42
total pounds lost = 14.6

2 comments:

misty said...

This second week your body could still be adjusting to the new training so it may not be the most accurate results as to whether or not the evening work outs are best for ya. I was always told you want to make sure you exercise at least two hours before you go to bed. When I was in pulmonary rehab they really really empathized this. lol

Lisa Dovichi said...

I'm sure they did! :D

I didn't know that about the two hour thing. I don't go to bed til 10:30 or so, so technically my workout is at least 2 hours before bed. So I should be okay.

I mostly like the evening workout because I can get out of the house! :D