Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mixing it Up.

Yesterday I tried something new with my exercise routine. And I'm definitely feeling it today which makes me think it's going to be more effective.

I mixed in a little yoga and strength training with my cardio yesterday. There are preset programs on Wii Fit that you can choose target areas you want to work on and it sets up a workout utilizing all of it's exercises. I did it yesterday for 50 minutes and my body is feeling it more today than it has in awhile. So I'm going to try that for awhile.

Besides it's been a month. Time to switch it up so my body doesn't get too comfortable.

I'm also trying something a little new with my food intake. I've read from several sources that say you should consume the bulk of your calories for breakfast and lunch because you're more apt to work those off than the evening ones. I don't know how much this applies to me as I eat about the same amount of calories every time I eat. But I plan to eat the "heavier meals" for lunch and "lighter fare" for dinners. I usually have salad for lunch and then a regular dinner (albeit smaller portions). So I'm going to switch it and have dinner for lunch and have my salads for dinner and see what that does for my waistline.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 50 minutes on the Wii Fit -- burning 367 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water. Day 18 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - Cream of Wheat and sliced strawberries
Lunch - Barbecue Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Mid-Afternoon Snack - slice of toast w/ peanut butter and sliced bananas
Dinner - 1/2 cup of Spaghetti Sauce with 1/2 cup of penne rigate pasta
Evening Snack - Skinny Cow Vanilla w/ Carmel ice cream cone

total calories = 1350
total days = 24
total pounds lost = 9.7

No comments: