Friday, July 2, 2010

Water, water, and more water.

I think water consumption is a definite key to having successful weight loss while doing a healthier lifestyle. Sometimes when you feel hungry you aren't really. You're thirsty. Hydration is a good thing. It keeps your system flushed out and your body running in top form.

I drink a lot of water and pretty much nothing else. An occasional cup of green tea but mostly water. Which works because I like water. I get funny looks from people when I say that. Most people don't like to drink just straight water. Well guess what? I didn't used to either and now it's what I prefer to drink. And even better I like it at any temperature.

Here's how I did it:
  • begin with super ice cold water (lots of ice and water) and use a straw. That way you can chug a glass with barely tasting it and if you like to crunch on ice (which I do) you can crunch away and get your water that way too.
(if you want to be able to drink it at any temperature and like it -- keep reading)
  • once you're used to drinking the water with a straw -- lose the straw and start drinking the super cold water without it.
  • once you've mastered it that way -- lose the ice -- go for fridge cold water and bring back the straw.
  • lose the straw again (see a trend?) and start chugging it without it.
  • hit straight tap water (I filter mine) and bring back the straw
  • once it doesn't bother you -- lose the straw and voila! You can drink water at any temperature.
It doesn't hurt to try water at a bunch of different temps. Some people only like water a certain temperature. Could be you haven't found yours yet. I like to be able to drink it at any temperature because then it doesn't matter where I go I can enjoy my water. (I know, I'm sick, right?)

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 50 minutes on the Wii Fit -- burning 347 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water. Day 19 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - slice of toast w/ peanut butter and sliced bananas
Lunch - Barbecue Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 turkey sandwich, a pickle spear, strawberries, and a Gogurt Simple
Dinner - Pseudo Fried Chicken Salad w/ tomatoes, green onion, broccoli, and mozzarella cheese
(doesn't it look yummy? And less than 300 calories!)
Evening Snack - Skinny Cow Vanilla w/ Carmel ice cream cone

total calories = 1320
total days = 25
total pounds lost = 10.2

No comments: