I drink a lot of water and pretty much nothing else. An occasional cup of green tea but mostly water. Which works because I like water. I get funny looks from people when I say that. Most people don't like to drink just straight water. Well guess what? I didn't used to either and now it's what I prefer to drink. And even better I like it at any temperature.
Here's how I did it:
- begin with super ice cold water (lots of ice and water) and use a straw. That way you can chug a glass with barely tasting it and if you like to crunch on ice (which I do) you can crunch away and get your water that way too.
- once you're used to drinking the water with a straw -- lose the straw and start drinking the super cold water without it.
- once you've mastered it that way -- lose the ice -- go for fridge cold water and bring back the straw.
- lose the straw again (see a trend?) and start chugging it without it.
- hit straight tap water (I filter mine) and bring back the straw
- once it doesn't bother you -- lose the straw and voila! You can drink water at any temperature.
--Previous Day Tracking --
Exercise - 50 minutes on the Wii Fit -- burning 347 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water. Day 19 of no soda.
Breakfast - slice of toast w/ peanut butter and sliced bananas
Lunch - Barbecue Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 turkey sandwich, a pickle spear, strawberries, and a Gogurt Simple
Dinner - Pseudo Fried Chicken Salad w/ tomatoes, green onion, broccoli, and mozzarella cheese
(doesn't it look yummy? And less than 300 calories!)
Evening Snack - Skinny Cow Vanilla w/ Carmel ice cream cone
total calories = 1320
total days = 25
total pounds lost = 10.2