Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thwarted!

It's a conspiracy. I was not able to start Week 3 last night as the "gym" was packed. I was lucky enough to get on the Elliptical but I was majorly bummed about the line for the lonely single treadmill. Some shmuck was walking on it -- ONLY! Now I know he was there first and I walk in between jogging sprints but it was super annoying to see him only WALK on it. So I did my best to ignore him and did 3 miles on the Elliptical and called it good.

I also did Strength Training and Yoga yesterday morning with my Wii Fit. And for once the little balance board punk didn't bitch about how long it's been since I've hopped on it He complained how it's been forever since he's seen "Daddy". It was still annoying to have to cycle through that one-sided conversation to get to actual exercising. If I have to read ranting it should be directed at me. I know, can't win right? It complains about me and I whine. It complains about someone else and I whine that it wasn't about me.

I'm not going to lie. I'm a little nervous about starting Week 3 Day 1. Week 3 involves jogging for 3 minutes straight. Yeah, that's a huge jump from 90 second jogging sprints. So I'm a little anxious to see if I'll be able to do it or not. So I was hugely disappointed when I walked into the "gym" and saw the line for the treadmill. Now I get a whole 'nother day of nerves to see if I can do it or not. Yay, me.

So tonight, I shall try again and see if I can tackle and conquer Week 3 Day 1. Wish me luck. I think I'm going to need it.

--Previous Day Tracking
--

Exercise - 33 minutes on the Elliptical Trainer and 20 minutes doing Wii Fit Strength Training and Yoga -- approximately 550 calories burned

Water - Day 44 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - 1/2 an egg sandwich on toast w/ grilled turkey, sauteed garlic spinach, and sliced tomato, and a banana
Lunch - Cajun Chicken Sandwich w/ spinach, 3/4 apple, and granola bar
Mid-Afternoon Snack - bowl of Special K Vanilla Almond Cereal, w/ chopped pecans, and milk
Dinner - Basil Penne Rigate Pasta w/ sauteed spinach, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, and zucchini

total calories = approx. 1369
total days = 49
total pounds lost = 18.4

2 comments:

Angie said...

The bastard! Didn't he know that farkin' treadmill was reserved for you? The nerve of some people. Sick Guido on him!

Also: I have complete faith in you. You'll kick Week 3's ass. You'll prolly whine about it afterwards, but we all have our crosses to bear. :-P

Lisa Dovichi said...

Dork!

I totally should've brought Guido. What was I thinking?

You're right about the whining. What can I say? I live for it! :D