Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dinner Win!

I made super delicious tacos yesterday (of which we'll be eating for a couple more days). I got a pork loin roast and stuck it in the crock pot yesterday morning with a bunch of garlic and some salt and pepper and cooked that sucker for 8 hours on low. I shredded it with two forks mixed in some stock and have a huge container of pulled pork. I then made some homemade mango, peach, pineapple salsa w/ red onions and jalapenos to put on the top of it. I threw the corn tortillas on my burner to give them some color while I heated them up. And Voila! Delicious Pulled Pork Tacos w/ Mango salsa. It was hard to only eat two (a serving size) because they were so delicious, but I persevered and stuck to my serving.

I didn't specifically season the pork for tacos because when I get tired of having it on tortillas I can throw a little barbecue sauce in it, mix it up, and have barbecue pulled pork sandwiches. So it's like a double win. Which works because there is a huge container of pork and while I love them, I'm sure I will grow tired of their delicious goodness.


(the picture doesn't really do them justice! I need a new camera!)

There is one huge drawback to using the crock pot. I smell deliciousness cooking all day and it seems to make me hungrier than usual. So I have to really stay focused on my portions and what I'm eating because it'd be so easy to overdo it. It's a good thing I'm a stubborn git when I set my mind to something because I did.

It helped that I had a foodgasm over the chocolate covered almonds again yesterday. Nothing like decadent chocolate to take your mind off how yummy your house smells. And to think I almost didn't buy them. I'm ever so glad I did. I can't wait to have them again today. I'm still battling the chocolate cravings beast. And they appease the monster so well.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 45 minutes walking & Wii Sports Resort

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 77

Only Water - Day 72

Total Pounds Lost - 27.3

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Honey Clusters w/ homemade Almond Milk
Lunch - Cajun Chicken Sandwich w/avocado instead of mayo and carrot sticks
Mid-Afternoon Snack - Handful of chocolate covered Almonds and 1/2 peanut butter and banana sandwich
Dinner - Pulled Pork Tacos w/ homemade mango salsa

Total Day Calories - 1159

3 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Oh! NOM. Sounds awesome, both the tacos and the almonds.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

THOSE are real tacos! WEll done. :)

Lisa Dovichi said...

Nom, nom, nom. I'm still eating them. :D