Thursday, August 19, 2010

Munchies Attack!

Had an attack of the munchies last night. I desperately wanted chocolate and found that sadly lacking in my house right now. The Frosted Mini Wheats and pretzels I settled for did NOT do the trick. I exercised restraint and didn't eat a whole lot of either even though I wanted to start on one end of my pantry and graze to the other end then start on the fridge.

Do you ever feel that way? It happens a few days out of the month, every month for me. It's annoying.

Even though Wednesday is supposed to be a day I can get out to the "gym" (because the husband is home early enough) that wasn't the case last night (he had a meeting that ran late). Lucky for me, I'd decided to do "Sweatin' to the Oldies 2" yesterday morning with the intentions of doing the C25K last night. So I still got my workout in for the day, maybe not as much as I wanted but enough to hit my goals for the day.

I find I really like doing an exercise video in the morning -- it really gives my energy levels a kick in the ass -- and I have more energy for longer. It's great. However, when I crash, I fall instantly asleep. It doesn't matter what I'm doing. I was playing a video game last night and fell asleep while playing.

I started playing the game to give me something to do with my hands so they wouldn't reach for food to shove in my mouth and not a half hour later I was passed out on the couch. Should've reached for the game instead of the Frosted Mini Wheats to begin with. Oh. Well.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - "Sweatin' to the Oldies 2"

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 72

Only Water - Day 67

Total Pounds Lost - 25.4

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of Special K Vanilla Almond and FiberOne Honey Clusters mixed and almond milk
Lunch - Homemade Chili and Cornbread
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich and some Pirate Popcorn
Dinner - Mango Chicken, Italian Herb Pasta, broccoli
Evening Snack - handful of Frosted Mini Wheats and some pretzels

Total Day Calories - approx. 1325

2 comments:

Turkey Girl said...

Yeah.. carbs have that effect. You may want to try snacking on protein instead. Perhaps chocolate covered almonds, if you are looking for something sweet. But I totally know what you are talking about. I get those monthly munchies too. In fact.. I get the "stress" munchies, "bored" munchies, "I just did something cool and I want to reward myself" munchies, there are endless reasons.

Lisa Dovichi said...

The chocolate covered almonds sound Delish!! I think I'm going to get some!!! :D Thanks for the suggestion! :D