Friday, August 20, 2010

Blech!

So I tried Chobani Greek Yogurt vanilla flavored yesterday. It was NOT delicious. I threw it in a blender with some almond milk, berries, and a little honey and while not the best smoothie I've ever had it was at least decent. I'll also say it was very filling and because I'd had it with my sandwich I couldn't quite finish it. So I didn't.

So, I will NOT be getting that flavor again. Perhaps I'll try one of their fruit kinds or a different brand entirely. Anyone who likes it, got a brand and a flavor they'd recommend? I like the idea behind it that it has more protein and better for you but the flavor was blech. And if it doesn't taste good, why eat it? I know it's healthy but I only have so many calories in a day and I want to ENJOY them all!

Come to think of it my friend, Laura, gave me a recipe to make your own yogurt. I might do that while I'm making my own almond milk. I'll have to recheck out the recipe. I'd actually forgotten I'd gotten it until just this second. Getting old is a pain in the butt.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - "Sweatin' to the Oldies 3"

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 73

Only Water - Day 68

Total Pounds Lost - 25.4

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of Special K Vanilla Almond and FiberOne Honey Clusters mixed and almond milk
Lunch - Cajun Chicken Sandwich w/ jalapenos and a pickle spear and a smoothie made with berries and Greek yogurt
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
Dinner - Chili and Cornbread

Total Day Calories - approx. 1243

2 comments:

Susana & Chris said...

Trader Joe's Honey non-fat Greek yogurt is awesome. They come in little individual cups. And I think plain non-fat Fage is good IF you sweeten it with sugar or Splenda.

Turks said...

I like to make a veggie dip with mine by straining the yogurt (using a coffee filter) with dried onions and herbs. Also, as Susana suggests, try it with honey. Greek yogurt has a tangy flavor that doesn't go with a lot of other flavors. (Maybe vanilla is one of them!) Good luck!