Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Spreading the Love.

I got a much later start than I wanted to get yesterday. I didn't get to the "gym" until 8:30pm. I thought about cutting my workout short just to be able to get home and showered before 9:30 but I'm a stubborn mule and did all 35 minutes. It was worth it. I might've only had an hour or so to do "Lisa-things" and spend time with the husband but the satisfaction of knowing I conquered another day made it all totally worth it.

I love it when I have the gym all to myself (which I did last night). It took all my resolve to not get on the treadmill because it was there all lonely and stuff. But last night was cross training night not jogging sprints night. Which is why I gave my love and affection (basically dripped sweat all over) the elliptical trainer last night instead.

For my loyal followers (*hears crickets chirp* you can't fool me, I know you're out there!) you might remember not too long ago that I had the bejeezus scared out of me at the "gym". Well I wrote a humorous (at least I think it's humorous) essay about it and submitted it to An Army Of Ermas. It went live today. If you'd like to have a hearty chuckle at my expense, check it out: Adventures in Exercising.

Here's hoping the treadmill isn't a bitter jealous old exercise machine and lets me love (sweat) on it tonight!

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - Elliptical Trainer: resistance = 4; average pace = 155; time = 35 minutes -- burning approximately 630 calories

Only Water - Day 52.

Meals:
Breakfast - Cream of Wheat, slice of toast w/peanut butter and sliced bananas
Lunch - Cajun Chicken Sandwich, 2 pickle spears, 1/2 an apple, and 100 Calorie Right Bites Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mid-Afternoon Snack - Special K Vanilla Almond Cereal w milk, handful of pretzels, and a Gogurt Simple
Dinner - Herb Chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn

total calories = approx. 1401
total days = 57
total pounds lost = 21.1

2 comments:

Angie said...

Wish I had access to a gym. I live in the boonies, so the closest one is a half hour drive, and I'm also cheap - except, of course, when it comes to shoes. *sigh*

Anyway, the Ermas piece was a giggle. Dork. :-P

Lisa Dovichi said...

Thanks for the *giggle*, Dork! :D