Sunday, September 5, 2010

How Many Calories?

I had a super fun day yesterday. My parents came to visit for the day and naturally the kids were spoiled rotten. We did a lot of running around: Target, Babies R Us, Best Buy, Costco and we had hit a couple restaurants for food: Mimi's Cafe for an early lunch and Red Robin for dinner.

Mimi's Cafe has to have the most unhealthiest breakfasts ever made as well as giving you a ton of it. I settled on some scrambled egg whites and their red potatoes then I split my blueberry muffin with 3ft so I wouldn't eat the whole thing. We're talking approximately 488 calories for that. I didn't drink the juice (gave it to 3ft). But that's crazy calories for little bit I ate. I enjoyed every bite of the potatoes and muffin. The eggs weren't all that fabulous -- a little on the runny side and I HATE that.

Then we walked around a bunch of stores in the outdoor shopping center around Mimi's and did some shopping. Mr. Grumpybutt got a Jeep Walker and 3ft got a new DS game "Despicable Me". (We didn't get to watch the movie yet but we will when it comes out on DVD)

Hours later, I was full for a long time, we hit Red Robin for dinner. I didn't want a heavy greasy burger. Although I'd had one the last time I went as a treat for having been doing so well. I felt like pasta. They had a Grilled Chicken Pesto Pasta that sounded really good so I got that. It was super delicious while it was hot but the minute it started getting cold it wasn't so fabulous. I had no idea of the nutritional content was but I know the ginormous plate was OVERFLOWING with pasta so I figured I probably didn't want to eat it all. Which worked because at about the 1/2 gone point I was full so I got a box to take it home.

When I got home and checked the nutritional value I was shocked it had over 1300 calories! THIRTEEN HUNDRED for pasta? Holy crap. Seriously, I was glad I only ate half. And because of that I might've been on the higher end of my nutritional goals but I didn't go over any of them. So hooray for me!

I'm going to be feeding the leftovers of the calorie pasta from hell to my husband.

I jumped on the scale this morning (Okay, I gingerly stepped on it and crossed my fingers) to see how I did last week. I figured I had to be doing okay because the first thing my mom said when she saw me yesterday was, "Your clothes are hanging off of you. They're huge. Those pants used to be super tight!"

Well, I guess there's a reason for that. The scale said I did fabulous! I lost 4.1 lbs and that puts the grand total up to 35.2 lbs lost since the end of May.

Go me!

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - Day Off.

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 89

Only Water - Day 84

Total Pounds Lost - 35.2

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Raisin Bran w/ homemade Almond Milk
Lunch - Went to Mimi's Cafe and had egg whites, red potatoes, and 1/2 a blueberry muffin
Mid-Afternoon Snack - still full from lunch
Dinner - Red Robin Grilled Chicken Pesto Pasta (1/2 serving)

Total Day Calories - 1352

1 comment:

Turkey Girl said...

YAY!! *Turkey Dance in Granny Panties*

I'll be doing a more rigorous exercise routine once the turkettes are in school. I'd love to drop about two sizes. We shall see... Oh! And I need to talk to you about Oct. I'll contact you on FB.

Way to go!!