Saturday, September 4, 2010

Decadence.

Decadence = French Toast for dinner.

3ft's favorite food is breakfast foods. That kid would eat eggs, toast, hash browns, sausage, biscuits, french toast, pancakes, muffins, english muffins, and any combination thereof 24/7 if I'd let him. Vegetables? Who needs them.

Well on occasion, he'll specifically ask for breakfast for dinner, and when it's triple digits hot outside I eagerly acquiesce because it's too flipping hot to cook. And yes, breakfast involves cooking but it doesn't take near as long standing in front of a hot stove to do so.

This is what happened yesterday. And much to 3ft's excitement I made french toast. Now he's a traditionalist and likes syrup and lots of it on his french toast. Syrup is a lot of empty calories and while I like it, I can and do live without it. So I get creative with my french toast toppings.

I made a caramel banana almond topping to plop on my vanilla french toast. Now, caramel is a lot of empty calories as well but if you only use a 1/2 teaspoon of it mixed into mashed banana and almonds, it gives it a little caramel taste for not a lot of calories. It turned out super delicious and another thing I can throw the almond meal from making almond milk into.

I also felt decadent like what I was eating was soooo bad for me because it tasted that way. It tasted like dessert. But the whole dish: including the egg mixture that I dipped the bread in, the 2 slices of bread, and the caramel, banana, almond topping was only 247 calories and only 4 grams of fat. With the majority of the calories coming from the bread.

It was an awesome treat to the end of a long and busy week.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - walking and c25k.

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 88

Only Water - Day 83

Total Pounds Lost - 31.1

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Raisin Bran w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Oats and Chocolate Granola Bar
Lunch - Spiced Honey Glazed Chicken Breasts, Garlic Rice, and broccoli (thankfully NOT Rotisserie horribleness)
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 peanut butter banana sandwich and chocolate covered almonds
Dinner - Caramel Banana Almond French Toast

Total Day Calories - 1176

No comments: