Friday, September 3, 2010

Ha! Take That!

I'll show you, 101 degree weather -- I'll use my broiler in the morning when you're not that hot yet. And that's just what I did.

Yesterday morning after Mr. Grumpybutt was asleep and 3ft in school, I threw together my Spiced Honey Glazed Chicken Breast recipe and tossed it in the broiler. It didn't make my apartment crazy hot because it was still cool enough outside and when it was crazy hot at 4:30 I didn't have to worry about turning on the oven. I was very smug yesterday at dinner time and all sorts of proud of my ingenious thinking.

It turned out so totally good even though it was reheated for dinner. The husband really liked the spicy bite to it. We really like spicy food. I thought the bite of the chicken meshed really well with the rice and broccoli I served it with. So it's definitely another recipe keeper. I bet it would be great really barbecued instead of pseudo barbecued.


Spiced Honey Glazed Chicken Breasts

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - walking.

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 87

Only Water - Day 82

Total Pounds Lost - 31.1

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Raisin Bran w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Oats and Chocolate Granola Bar
Lunch - Rotisserie Chicken (STILL not as good as Cajun and thankfully ALMOST gone!) Sandwich and carrot sticks
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 peanut butter banana sandwich and chocolate covered almonds
Dinner - Spiced Honey Glazed Chicken Breasts, Garlic Rice, and broccoli

Total Day Calories - 1153

2 comments:

Turkey Girl said...

YUM!! :D

Amy Mullis said...

Okay, wait. Where's the recipe for this one? I'm starving!