Thursday, September 2, 2010

Too Hot.

Ugh. The stupid hot weather ruined my dinner plans last night. I was going to try out a new recipe of Spiced Honey Glazed Chicken. I don't have a barbecue (I desperately want one) so I have to use my broiler if ever I want pseudo barbecue. It was too hot to turn my oven on AT ALL. So I ended up making breakfast for dinner -- eggs and hash browns. It makes a quick last minute meal when it's hotter than hell and you can't even imagine making it hotter by turning on the oven. 3ft couldn't have been happier -- breakfast foods are his favorite foods.

I'm still on Week 3 of the C25K. I want to be able to do it without puffing like a train and wishing I was dead. It's harder pushing Mr. Grumpybutt. Hopefully when my husband's work schedule gets situated and he's not working so much overtime I can get back to the treadmill to do it. But until then I adapt and do what I can with what I have.

I've also got to brag about my willpower for a second. I love Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles. They are ambrosia of the gods and I could easily sit and eat a bag until they're gone. My husband also loves Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles so we always have a bag in the house. Almost every night when my husband gets home from work he gets the bag and eats on them.

Now, my husband weighs 130lbs, if that, and that's when he's soaking wet and just eaten a huge meal (yeah I hate him too). Thank goodness 3ft gets his metabolism from his daddy and I'm hoping Mr. Grumpybutt does too. So, while he eats total crap food that is so delicious but so not good for you, he knows when to stop and his metabolism burns right through it. (Is it wrong that I can't wait til he hits 40 and that fabulous metabolisms craps out on him?)

I also have an insanely acute sense of smell and as soon as he cracks the bag I can smell the cheddar chip goodness. So it's a double torture -- watching him eat them and smelling them. I'm not going to lie, my mouth waters a little. But it's usually after 9pm, technically I'm not hungry til I smell them, and right before bed shoving greasy cheesy goodness down my throat isn't the smartest thing I could do. So, to make a short story even longer, I have stood (well sat) strong and not eaten them. Every night I battle with the temptation of "Give me just one!" and abstain from having any -- because really there is no eating just one Ruffle. I mean, really.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - c25k.

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 86

Only Water - Day 81

Total Pounds Lost - 31.1

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Raisin Bran w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Oats and Chocolate Granola Bar
Lunch - Rotisserie Chicken (STILL not as good as Cajun) Sandwich using avocado instead of mayo and carrot sticks
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 peanut butter banana sandwich and chocolate covered almonds
Dinner - Eggs, Hash browns, and a slice of toast

Total Day Calories - 1162

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am married to a Mister Skinny. He's a choco-holic and generous to boot. "Want some, honey?" grrr. It's a constant test of willpower. Good for you resisting the call of the Ruffles!

Lisa Dovichi said...

Awesome job on resisting the Chocolate! I'm lucky he doesn't really eat desserts which are definitely my major weakness.. but let's face it I wouldn't need to lose the weight if I didn't have a LOT of weaknesses... :D

Angie said...

Hey! Dork Girl! I just gave you an award for being strange. So there! I even wrote haiku for you. It's here: http://wanderingzebra.blogspot.com/2010/09/im-winner-im-winner.html