Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Say What?

Hooray! The children slept like they were supposed to which means I didn't have to wake up before the sun. I even got to sleep in! Well, 'til 6:25, but that's sleeping in for my kids.

I'm still bitter about the lunch meat as I choked down another sandwich yesterday. I put more mustard on it and that drowned out the sub par flavoring of the chicken. Blech. Never again. While I love Rotisserie Chicken normally, this is so not delicious. (Yes, I'm still whining about it. Plan on it being a daily rant until it's gone.)

I had a dinner win last night. Last weekend my husband said, "I love all the stuff you've been making for dinners but could you make some Hamburger Helper?"

Say what? I've been making delicious homemade goodness and you want me to throw a pound of hamburger into some Helper and feed that to you instead? Again, mine is not to reason why but I seriously wonder about that boy.

I said, "Sure, but I'm not eating it. So pick out which one you want."

He said, "Well if you won't eat it, I don't want you to have to make two meals."

"Helper isn't hard and that way I can eat something that you won't eat and have to worry about what it IS you will eat."

So he picked out a box of Lasagna Hamburger Helper and that is what 3ft had for dinner last night and what my husband is going to be eating for lunch for the next three days. I however made Seasoned Tilapia Tacos w/ homemade black bean salsa for dinner. It was super delicious.

I got the idea from my "old" friend, Nunan (and by old I mean OLD -- her birthday is coming up in October. Don't worry Shoe you don't look a day over 52!). She gave me a recipe for Baja Fish Tacos w/ Mango Salsa. The recipe called for cod. I didn't have any. I only have some tilapia fillets and I had a yearning for Black Bean Salsa instead of Mango. So I used the seasonings on the fish from the Baja Fish Taco recipe and then threw together my own black bean salsa to put on them.

Ta da!

Seasoned Tilapia Fish Tacos w/ homemade Black Bean Salsa


Don't they look yummy? Trust me they were! (I really need a new camera... and some fancy square plates or something to really make my food look fancy. Guess what's going on my Christmas List?)

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - Walking.

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 85

Only Water - Day 80

Total Pounds Lost - 31.1

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Raisin Bran w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Oats and Chocolate Granola Bar
Lunch - Rotisserie Chicken (STILL not as good as Cajun) Sandwich using avocado instead of mayo and carrot sticks
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 peanut butter banana sandwich and chocolate covered almonds
Dinner - Tilapia Tacos w/ homemade black bean salsa

Total Day Calories - 1045

4 comments:

Turkey said...

I noticed your daily calorie counts are going down. I also notice you haven't been eating a snack after dinner. Yay for you!

I love tilapia. It is a mild fish and easily farmed. I make fish tacos twice/ month. YUM! Glad you like them too! (Much tastier than Hamburger Helper.. ahem.)

Lisa Dovichi said...

I hear ya, sistah!!! I'd way rather have a couple of homemade fish tacos than Hamburger Helper any day!!! So if my husband wants that crap far be it from me to tell him no because then I can have something delicious the picky boys won't eat!

I did away with the evening snack awhile ago. I've added the morning snack back in because now that 3ft's in school we're eating earlier in the morning and having lunch later in the afternoon.

I'm feeling great and as always I'm wondering why it took me so long to do this again (in regards to after the baby was born)?

Turks said...

Totally awesome! The kiddos and I have an extra afternoon snack. On the days that I workout, I don't eat breakfast with them, then lunch is around 11, then snack around 2:30 and finally 6pm dinner. I try not to eat anything after 7pm since my metabolism is slower when I sleep.

Don't worry about when you started, be happy about where you are now! You are doing awesome!

Lisa Dovichi said...

3ft and I have breakfast at 6:45ish, we both have a snack at 10 (his is at school tho.. LOL), lunch at noon when we get home, snack at 3, dinner at 6, and then I'm done eating for the night because my metabolism crawls while I'm sleeping. :D