Thursday, September 23, 2010

On a Streak!

3 days in a row of Wii Fit. That's a streak! Go me.

My new addiction is cooking shows. A lot of them make things I know my boys would never eat or they put so much fat in it, I lust, but know I'll never make. But even still I watch them hoping to be inspired with new ideas or find ways to healthy up the ones that sound really yummy. I'm a sucker for Rachel Rae (it's like you know she could be your best friend, even though you've never met her -- no, I'm not stalking her), Giada (she actually usually cooks more healthy meals and a lot of italian dishes and my husband loves italian food), and Ina Garten a.k.a. The Barefoot Contessa (I'll probably never eat anything she makes, it's pretty fattening stuff, so she provides my lust after food).

Anyways, why I even brought that up, is because on M, W (so far), and F (my plan) I jog around my living room while watching tv. Keeps my mind off the fact I'm jogging (I find that I can jog the whole time if my mind is otherwise engaged). So I lust after food while I huff and puff and sweat. I've only been doing this for the last 3 days, so I've only got two recipes that I'm interested in healthifying up (yes it's a word, I just made it up!). But I'm keeping my eyes peeled.
Oh, and Giada gave me a great idea for a angel food cake topping that I'm going to be trying out soon!!

I tried out a new recipe last night.

Pork Medallions in Mushroom Gravy w/ Baguette


I rubbed the pork medallions with salt, pepper, and 1 TBS chopped garlic (we love garlic in my house) and seared them. Then made a mushroom gravy with, obviously, fresh mushrooms, a little chopped red onion, chicken broth, a little cornstarch (to thicken it up) and a TSP of dry sherry.

I served the mushroom gravy over a baguette because 1.) I didn't want the baguette to go bad before it was used and 2.) (the real reason) I was so involved in cooking the pork I totally spaced a side dish to go with it. So, voila...Instant Side Dish! I served it with broccoli (I noticed a lot of my pictures have broccoli in them) it's not because I don't like other veggies, I do -- they're 3ft's favorite veggie and I found out last night that Mr. Grumpybutt loves them too. So when I'm trying out new things I tend to make broccoli so I know 3ft will get enough to eat.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise -45 minute power walk, 20 minutes of Wii Fit Strength Training and Yoga, and 20 minutes of jogging around the apartment

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 107

Only Water - Day 102

Total Pounds Lost - 40.7

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Honey Clusters w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Granola Bar
Lunch - Egg Mc Muffin sans the Mc. (slice of canadian bacon, one egg, a little mayo, and sliced tomatoes on a light healthy grains english muffin)
Mid-Afternoon Snack -1/2 peanut butter and banana sandwich
Dinner - Pork Medallions in Mushroom Gravy w/ Baguette and broccoli

Total Day Calories - 1035

2 comments:

Turkey said...

I used to watch cooking shows all the time. But then, they make me hungry too! I liked Rachael (and hubs likes her, but for other reasons), I also liked watching Paula Deen because she cooks just like my family cooks. Now the tv is dedicated to kid shows and video games.

I used the treadmill yesterday. I am still recovering from my cold, but I hadn't exercised in a while and I was missing it. I was on it for an hour. (Not jogging, just up-hill walking) It felt good to break a sweat!

Have fun with the Wii!!

Lisa Dovichi said...

Turkey, I'm sooooo jealous of your treadmill!! While you need to let your body rest to get better, I think it's great that you got back on the treadmill even if it was just walking!!! Great job!!!

I only get the cooking shows during nap time for Grumpybutt and when 3ft's at school. The power of DVR is a wonderful thing. I record them and then watch them when the kids let me. :D I like Paula Deen, she cracks me up, but she LOVES butter... and all her food is so fattening -- which makes me lust harder than Ina's fattening food.. LOL So I try to stay away from Paula. :D