Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Clean Eating

My sister, Crystal, gave me a subscription to Clean Eating Magazine. It's really awesome. So I tried a recipe from it yesterday:

Tuna Risotto with Collard Greens and Mushrooms.

I used homemade chicken stock to cook the risotto in and it turned out really delicious. 3ft even liked it. He tried some collard greens but asked to have broccoli instead. He totally ate the risotto and the mushrooms though. So that was cool.

The husband won't touch it with a 100-foot pole. He dislikes fish. A lot. So I have a couple more meals of it but that's okay because it was good.

I'm trying to incorporate a fish/seafood dish once a week. For one, to mix up the menu so I don't get bored with the food and two, fish is good for you and 3ft and I like it. So, lucky for me, the husband works late two nights a week so I make it the nights when he's not home so I don't have to listen to him complain about the fish smell or watch his yuck faces while we eat it.

I also want to start doing one vegetarian dish a week as well. This poses a small problem as 3ft and Husband are very particular about what vegetables they'll eat. But I like the idea of having it and since I do ALL the cooking -- they HAVE to like it or eat Easy Mac n Cheese.

3ft's allergies and asthma were acting up yesterday so we didn't do DDR (dance dance revolution). Instead, we just practiced tying his shoes and hung out. I'm hoping he feels better today.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 30 minute walk, 250 crunches, and 60 push ups.

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 127

Only Water - Day 122

Total Pounds Lost - 48

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Honey Clusters w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - Cranberry Almond Scone and hot tea w/ sugar free vanilla creamer
Lunch - Ham sandwich, pickle, carrots and hummus
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 peanut butter and banana sandwich and a couple chocolate covered almonds
Dinner - Tuna Risotto w/ collard greens and mushrooms

1 comment:

Turkey Girl said...

Ok, now you have me in the mood for fish tacos! The kiddos will only eat the fish, which means more tortillas and salsa for me!!