Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dancing Queen.

The stars finally aligned and 3ft and I played Just Dance 2 yesterday for all of 9 minutes. Then he decided he was done, turned off his Wii mote, which turned off the entire game. He has a bit of his father in him and is a little competitive and the game keeps score giving a "crown" to the one with the higher score. I was rocking it so he didn't want to play cuz he wasn't getting the crown. Lame, right? Oh well, he likes Dance Dance Revolution better because he gets to flail around on the dance pad where Just Dance using the Wii mote and you just dance holding it.

It wasn't a complete waste of time because it reminded me how much fun it really is so after the kids went to bed last night I got it back out and danced for 1/2 hour on it and set up a workout counter on it to keep track of what I'm doing weekly. So I shall be dancing again tonight.

I tried out a recipe for Orange Chicken yesterday. It was pretty good. It needed more sauce though, so the next time I make it (if there is a next time) I'll double the sauce. I think most of the problem was I was expecting it to be like Panda Express Orange Chicken and it soooo wasn't. So I was disappointed from the get go, you know? However 3ft inhaled it and said it was his "favorite" chicken ever. He says that a lot so I don't get too giddy. I'm just happy when the little brat eats it with a smile.

Orange Chicken


I did make an awesome garlic chicken brown rice though. Which for me, really saved the chicken. I used boil in bag rice and cooked it in equal parts chicken stock and water then when it was done cooking I drained it, then added garlic salt and pepper and mixed it up. It sounds really simple but it really really made a difference in the flavor. Even 3ft, who doesn't really like rice much, ate all of his.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 30 minute power walk, 39 minutes of Just Dance 2, 350 crunches, and 80 push ups

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 141

Only Water - Day 135

Total Pounds Lost - 52.9

Meals:
Breakfast - FiberOne Raisin Bran Clusters w/ homemade almond milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Granola Bar
Lunch - Tuscan Chicken w/ beans
Mid-Afternoon Snack - homemade cranberry chocolate granola bar and cucumbers dipped in Italian dressing
Dinner -Orange chicken, garlic chicken brown rice, and broccoli

No comments: