Thursday, October 28, 2010

Jump Jump

I forgot to mention it but I made homemade granola bars on Monday with cranberries and chocolate chips. They were good but too chocolatey. *gasp* I know!! I've never said too chocolatey in my life but they were. I sent them to work with my husband in individually wrapped bars in festive saran wrap. He sent out an e-mail calling them the Too Chocolatey Granola bars and they were all gone before lunch. One of his coworkers told him to tell me they were fabulous but my husband agreed with me they had too much chocolate. So I'm going to make some more today and I'm going to cut the chocolate WAY back. Hopefully they turn out better.

I also made Orange Chipotle Glazed pork last night (forgot to take a picture). I took a small 10 oz jar of orange marmalade Simply Fruit, two chipotle peppers diced up, and a teaspoon of adobe sauce (it's what the chipotles are canned in) and after searing some pork chops I dumped the sauce on and cooked it until it glazed up. Oh wow, was it spicy. Good, but spicy. I was glad I made Cream Corn Quinoa to go with it. The mild creamy taste of the quinoa really cut through the spice, thank goodness.Next time I make it, I'm going to only use one chipotle pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of adobe sauce and see what happens. The husband is taking it to work today for lunch. He loves spicy so we'll see what he thinks of it. Needless to say, 3ft had chicken nugget dinosaurs and quinoa for dinner. If it was too spicy for me it was way too spicy for him.

I did Just Dance 2 again last night. I "jumped jumped" with Criss Cross. Remember those guys who wore their pants backwards in the early 90's? Mac Daddy make you wanna jump jump. It was pretty awesome. I hated them and that song then and now I just laughed my butt off as I danced to it. That followed by Proud Mary by Ike and Tina. What a combination, right? I love vintage music. The game is seriously so fun. I know I dance like a spasmodic epileptic chicken with white girl rhythm but I'm having too much fun to care.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 30 minute power walk, 30 minutes of Just Dance 2, 350 crunches, and 80 push ups

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 142

Only Water - Day 136

Total Pounds Lost - 52.9

Meals:
Breakfast - FiberOne Raisin Bran Clusters w/ homemade almond milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Granola Bar
Lunch - Ham sandwich, carrots w/ hummus, and cucumbers w/ fat free Italian dressing and split a sugar free pudding with the Grumpybutt
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 peanut butter and banana sandwich
Dinner -Orange Chipotle Glazed Pork and Cream Corn Quinoa

3 comments:

Turkey Girl said...

I can't get my granola bars to stay together, so they end up as honey coated granola.

Lisa Dovichi said...

After you pull them out of the oven take a wide spatula and smoosh them down again. Then wait until they're fully cooled to cut them up. You still get some crumbles but mostly they stay in bar shape. :)

Melanie Hooyenga said...

The orange chipolte sounds very similar to something I used to make in Mexico. I would add a touch of brown sugar so the sweetness compliments the spiciness.

It's also good with canned pineapple. :)