Friday, October 8, 2010

Mmm Apples.

I've been on an apple kick lately.

Mmmm apples. *droolz*

Oh! Sorry..

So I thought I would try something a little different with the apple I had left from making the Apple Upside Down Cake. Apple salsa. Weird, right? But it's so delicious. It was perfect to spice up some leftover steak I had.

I cut the steak into strips and covered them in a little lemon, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin. I sauteed it really fast in a little olive oil to heat it up. Then slapped it on some corn tortillas, topped it with apple salsa, and devoured it.

So good.

For the apple salsa I just threw in one apple, 1/4 cup red onion, 2 TBS jalapeno, 1 TBS chopped garlic, 1 TSP lemon juice, 1 TSP lime juice, some garlic salt and pepper to taste, and 1 TSP basil.

It was a really fun salsa and it worked really well with the steak.



--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 30 minute walk, 200 crunches, and 50 push ups.

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 122

Only Water - Day 117

Total Pounds Lost - 43.9

Meals:
Breakfast - bowl of FiberOne Honey Clusters w/ homemade Almond Milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Granola Bar
Lunch - Fish Sandwich, carrot sticks, and a sweet pickle
Mid-Afternoon Snack -banana and cranberry almond scone
Dinner - Carne Asada tacos w/ apple salsa and a slice of apple upside down cake

1 comment:

Turkey girl said...

You and I are on the same salsa wavelength. Hubs came home from the veggie farm last night and brought in tomatoes and poblano peppers. Time for me to make some salsa today!!