Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Holy Hot Dogs, Batman!

I definitely think I got my exercise in today.

I did Wii Free Step for half an hour -- 3000 steps, oh yeah! Then I went on a 30 minute walk when I went to pick up 3ft from school this afternoon. The Grumpybutt was being fussy and the easiest way to get him to "happy up" is to take him outside. Then this afternoon I went on a 4.4 mile walk with 3ft and the Grumpybutt.

3ft's new glasses came in today. 3ft had the choice of going on a VERY LONG walk or waiting until tomorrow when Daddy could take us. He was so excited and couldn't wait so he insisted he could handle the walk. I asked him multiple times and told him it was super far. He wouldn't change his mind so we went. (Talk about really wanting his glasses!)

He rode his scooter and I pushed the Grumpybutt in his stroller. It took us about 45 minutes to get there. 3ft would switch on and off from riding the scooter and walking (he walks slow). It took us about an hour to get home because 3ft was so excited about having the glasses and new case for them he had to carry it which meant walking. I finally convinced him to ride and we finally made it home.

For dinner, I made an Asian chicken salad with toasted sesame Asian dressing (light), chicken cooked in teriyaki sauce, and sliced almonds on Napa cabbage. It turned out super delicious. But because I missed my snack because we were somewhere between home and the optometrist I ended up having a hot dog with 3ft too. It's totally okay, I buy Chicken Franks so they only have about 100 calories, granted most of them are fat, but I figured after the long walk on top of everything else meant I could handle it.

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 160

Total Pounds Lost - 56.3

Meals:
Breakfast - FiberOne Honey Clusters w/ homemade almond milk
Morning Snack - FiberOne Granola Bar
Lunch - Roast beef sandwich and carrots w/ranch
Mid-Afternoon Snack - (walking)
Dinner - hot dog on a bun, and Asian Chicken salad with toasted almonds on Napa cabbage.

2 comments:

Turkey said...

Sometimes when a craving hits ya, you gotta have it! I burned 250 calories on the treadmill today and since I skipped breakfast (a no no!) decided to have a slice of left over cheese pizza that the kids and babysitter ate on our date night. 250 calories gone one minute, 250 calories right back the next. ;)

Lisa Dovichi said...

Mmmm pizza. So, did you have to wait for "The Walker" to get off before you could get on the treadmill? :P