Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Report #3

It has been a hectic weekend. Can I get a weekend from my weekend please?

First things first. I'm happy to report that I've lost another 1.4 pounds last week bringing up the grand total to: 56.3lbs lost. Which is pretty good considering I've been sick and haven't been doing much exercise. So, I'm doing a happy dance right now even though I'm exhausted from the weekend.

On Saturday, we had "Italian Thanksgiving". We're not going to make it to my husband's family's Thanksgiving gathering for three reasons. I love cooking so I want to cook the Thanksgiving feast (I know I'm sick, right?),I'm cooking it for my family's gathering this year, and it's too far to drive to just stop in when we have Mr. Grumpybutt. So I thought we'd have my husband's family over and do an early Thanksgiving type deal and so we did an Italian theme (hey, we're Italian, I thought it sounded like a good idea).

So I made lasagna bowls again... and again I forgot to get a picture of them. They seemed to be a big hit. Everyone ate it, no one horked it up, and no one keeled over and died. So that's a win for me. Then I made delicious garlic bread which I practically burnt. I'm really good at keeping so close an eye on it it doesn't seem to cook and then forgetting about it completely until I smell burnt coming from my oven. I also did a giant garden salad.

For dessert, I made 3ft's creation The Pumpkin Pizza again and I perfected it (carries along the Italian theme well, yes?). Instead of throwing chips on to the "sauce" I made a chocolate ganache and drizzled it over the top. Yes, I made the ganache with almond milk instead of milk or heavy cream and it turned out super delicious. You couldn't tell it was healthier for you. The crowd was a little apprehensive about trying it but did so because 3ft was so proud of his creation. It was a big hit and everyone loved it, telling 3ft he was a genius. He naturally ate up the attention.

Today, I threw together a new invention then Enchilasagna or Enchizagna. My husband likes the second name better -- I think I like the first. What do you guys think? It turned out super delicious and it only has about 175 calories and 8 grams of fat per piece. It was really filling and didn't taste like it was remotely healthier for you. I used 1/2lb lean ground beef and 1/2lb lean ground turkey.

If anyone wants to be a guinea cook and try out this recipe, just let me know. It was super easy to make, tastes super delicious, and it even has hidden veggies that pack it full of nutrition that you can't even taste!

Healthy Lifestyle - Day 157

Total Pounds Lost - 56.3

No comments: