Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Detox - Day 2

I'm an interesting mix of feeling great and not at the same time. I feel great having conquered day one without any need to use an ounce of willpower. I had no desire for anything other than what I'd already planned to eat and I can only hope that holds true. I'm already starting to have more energy. I owned that mountain of laundry I'd been procrastinating and the dishes didn't have a prayer against my might. However, I have a ginormous headache. Seriously it laughs in the face of the IB Profen I keep feeding it. I wonder if its because of the no sugar or if its just coincidence. 


Yesterday was Horrible Movie Monday Night. We feasted on Goon. It had Seann William Scott and Jay Baruchel in it. If it'd had Justin Long it would have been the trifecta of awesomeness. It was a disappointment to awful movies everywhere as it was actually pretty good! We laughed our butts off. And it was a hockey movie and we heart us some hockey. So it was a double win.


Last night I did interval elliptical. I've read that doing workouts in interval form allowed you to burn more calories in less amount of time. So I'm experimenting with that. Today I'm going to do core training. We'll see how it all works out.


Yesterday's Food


Breakfast
2 eggs and a slice of Canadian bacon
6 oz V8 original
an iced coffee made with a shot of vanilla extract, cinnamon, and Light Silk Vanilla Soy Milk


Lunch
Vegetarian Chili
Huge salad w/ oil and vinegar
Iced Green Tea


Snack
Tomato Caprise (a roma tomato cut in half, seeds removed, and filled with mozzarella, basil, and chives then microwaved for a minute to melt it all together.


Dinner
Herb Chicken
grilled asparagus
big salad w/ oil and vinegar
Iced Green Tea


Dessert
No sugar added fudgsicle (South Beach says I can have something chocolate? Hells to the yeah I'm going to have some chocolate)

2 comments:

Susana & Chris said...

Just a thought, if you don't want a hot chili for lunch, big chicken, krab, or taco salads make good lunches too. And by chicken & krab salads, I just mean chunks of meat on greens with some low-fat cheese, a few cherry tomatoes, some sliced cucumbers, diced red bell peppers, with a light oil & vinegar dressing. I have faith in your willpower!

Lisa Dovichi said...

Mmmm that does sound good. I have to finish eating the chili first. LOL I hate wasting food and I don't know how well it would freeze. Don't beans get weird when they're frozen?