Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Detox - Day 3

Ugh. I'm tired. 

The Snugglebear woke up at 4:30 this morning. Yes, shoot me now. By the time I got up, took care of a morning essential (yes a polite way of saying going pee), and made her a bottle the little brat was back asleep. Did I get to crawl back into bed? Ha! As if. The Grumpybutt fell asleep around 6 last night and I couldn't get him to wake up. He slept all night without stirring. So he was hollering for me at 4:45 and was in a horrible nickname earning mood. Did you know it still looks like the middle of the night at 4:30am? Trust me, it does.

One for the win column: I woke up headache free. So that's something.

I'm totally bummed. I tried to do my core strengthening exercises yesterday and it was a total no win. I ended up getting over heated (it was crazy hot), dizzy, and ended up horking. So, so much for that. I'll try again tomorrow and try to carve out the time in the morning before it's horrible hot. Tonight I have interval cardio slated with hopefully better results than the outcome of last nights exercise debacle. 

Yesterday's Food

Breakfast:
Same as Monday (If it tastes good and is easy to throw together, why change it? Plus I'm not bored with it yet.)

Lunch:
Same as Monday (The vegetarian chili made quite a bit so I might be eating that for the rest of the week. Unless I could freeze it. Does anyone know if freezing beans makes them weird?)

Snack:
Celery Sticks
Mushroom Slices
Homemade Guacamole Dip - 1/2 avocado mashed, 1/4 cup reduced-fat cottage cheese, 1 scallion chopped (all the white and half the green), 1 garlic clove minced. Mix it all together and salt and pepper to taste. Oh man it is SO GOOD. I based it off a recipe I found on my South Beach Diet app for my iPad. I hate cottage cheese but thought I'd give it a try. I put less than the recipe called for but it gave it a great texture, added some protein to be more filling, and I didn't even taste it. I highly recommend it. I'm going to make some today and pipe it into mushroom tops and make it like a veggie take on a "deviled egg". 

Dinner:
Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Celery and onions (that I roasted with it)
Grilled Asparagus (leftovers from Monday)
a big salad w/ oil and vinegar
Iced Green Tea

Dessert:
Oh yeah! More no-sugar-added Fudgcicles!! (No I don't look forward to the end of the day. Why do you ask?)

No comments: