Saturday, July 14, 2012

Managing the Weekend

I find weekends are the hardest because the husband is home and the weekly routine gets messed up with all the errands and other miscellaneous stuff going on. If I'm going to do something unhealthy this is when it happens.

Not today, baby. I even went out to lunch at our favorite Mexican food place without a problem. I chose not to eat the chips or the tortillas. I had shrimp fajitas and when it came to the table asked for a box to split the ginormous portion in half so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it all out of habit. Go me. Now I have delicious leftovers to eat tomorrow. The most awesome thing of all: I didnt feel like a dieting pariah. I ate what I wanted and was happy with it.

 Yesterday's Food

 Breakfast
1/2 cup of oatmeal made with 1/2 cup vanilla soymilk and 1/2 a banana sliced
An egg
Iced Coffee

 Lunch
Yep, the veggie chili again but I added some cheese and a dollop of nonfat Greek yogurt and it made it super even more delicious.
Big salad with oil and vinegar
Iced green tea

 Snack
An apple
Tbs of natural peanut butter

 Dinner Steak and shrimp fajitas on romaine lettuce boats with avocado and Greek yogurt.

No comments: