Thursday, August 23, 2012

Busy Day

I. Need. A. Routine. I totally didn't get any work done yesterday. I'm really hoping I can get back into the swing of things.

I was a little trepidatious about getting 4ft to school on time after a summer filled with lazy mornings and sloth. But I managed to get all three kids and myself fed, dressed, and out the door on time. Actually a little early which worked out because Grumpybutt took a header down the stairs and I found him screaming face first, face down, halfway down the top flight of our staircase. Scared about 20 years off my life but he just scared himself more than anything. He was bruise, cut, scrape, and blood free when I picked him up and 5 minutes later he'd completely forgotten the whole thing. I also can't even begin to count the false starts we had when I'd realized I'd forgotten something and had to run back upstairs for it.

After school, we had time to get home, unload, and have a quick snack before we were back out again to get haircuts for the boys. Grumpybutt HATES (and that's putting it mildly) getting his haircut. You'd think ever snip bled the way he carries on. I'm proud to say that he didn't scream per usual he just kind of crumpled into me and whimpered. Yeah, I had to hold him, but it was totally worth it. Both boys look so handsome and 4ft got such a big grownup boy haircut. I hate it. Where did my baby go?

I definitely got my workout in yesterday. After all the stair climbing, we walked to school to drop off 4ft with me pushing at least 50lbs worth of stroller. The Grumpybutt weighs 28lbs, the Snugglebear weighs 17lbs, and the stroller easily weighs 5-10lbs being a double stroller. We also walked to pick up 4ft as well. One of the moms at 4ft's school teaches Zumba for only $5 a class in the EVENINGS that I think I'm going to start going to a couple times a week. This girl (me) has white girl written all over her but I love to dance and don't care if I look like I'm doing the funky chicken. I'm assured that I'll fit right in.

No comments: